What is the Best combi boiler

Hi
i got a back boiler,
i need to put a combi boiler, what is the best combi boiler out there and who can i trust to put it on for me.
Am from Birmingham

PLZ PLZ CAN SOMEONE HELP ME

Comments

• HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    foj wrote: »
    Hi
    i got a back boiler,
    i need to put a combi boiler, what is the best combi boiler out there and who can i trust to put it on for me.
    Am from Birmingham

There is no "best". You can trust no one. Why do you need to put a combi in?
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • foj
    foj Posts: 6 Forumite
    my back boiler is no good
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    foj wrote: »
    my back boiler is no good
    It's a big change, you could just fix or replace the back boiler with another back boiler. If you go from back boiler to combi then it's not just a boiler but virtually a whole new central heating and hot water system will be needed and it'll cost much more than a new system from scratch as you will have to pay extra to remove the old system.

See here.... http://www.energychoices.co.uk/which-boiler-is-right-for-me.html
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Search on here. This subject has been done to death on here.
  • foj wrote: »
    Hi
    i got a back boiler,
    Am from Birmingham

Worcester Bosch and valiant are the best combis
    X British Gas engineer and X BG sales adviser.
    Please don,t let this put you off.
  • HappyMJ wrote: »
    It's a big change, you could just fix or replace the back boiler with another back boiler. If you go from back boiler to combi then it's not just a boiler but virtually a whole new central heating and hot water system will be needed and it'll cost much more than a new system from scratch as you will have to pay extra to remove the old system.

See here.... http://www.energychoices.co.uk/which-boiler-is-right-for-me.html
    What a complete load of rubbish. Evidently you have no idea what your talking about. Changing a back boiler is not JUST changing the boiler. Putting in a combi does not mean "virtually a whole new central heating and hot water system will be needed".
    If you don't know the facts why do you post and scare people? :mad:
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,647
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What make/model of back boiler and why is it "no good" ?
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • make sure you get at least quotes from a RGE, and go for one with a good name to it - I install Vaillant whenever I get the choice
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    nearly all the plumbers i know will only fit either worcester bosch or vaillant boilers.

one chap swears by glow worms. (thats probably cause he worked for them for 28 years).
    Get some gorm.
  • ormus wrote: »
    nearly all the plumbers i know will only fit either worcester bosch or vaillant boilers.

one chap swears by glow worms. (thats probably cause he worked for them for 28 years).
    I will fit what ever the customer requires.
    I often fit ferolli boiler when customer wants really cheap. I have never had one break down yet.
    X British Gas engineer and X BG sales adviser.
    Please don,t let this put you off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport