Replacement SIM from Orange

Hi there everyone

I recently switched to Orange with a new monthly contract. My phone was stolen (along with wallet, house keys etc.) yesterday. I rang and blocked the SIM and asked for a replacement. THey told me that since I bought the phone from Carphonewarehouse, I had to get it from them. I rang CPW and they told me I could do this in store. When I went in to my local store they said, fine, that will be £15 + VAT (£17.63). I said that when this had happened before to me or family with O2 or T Mobile, they had sent out replacement SIM free of charge. Sorry, no. I tried Orange again but they said they would charge the same. WHen I said your competitors make no charge, they were unimpressed. Trouble is I have had my number ported over and want to keep it.

Anyway round this one? Having everything stolen has caused the usual amount of aggravation and costs (despite very good insurance company) but it will still cost me over £100. I'd like not to have to pay another £17..

Thanks

Russell

Comments

• Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That is the standard admin charge and has been for about a year now (they'll tell you it's in the T&C's. but who reads those !).

If you were with Orange direct and kicked up enough of a fuss you might get it dropped, but through CPW, most probably not as they'll get charged for it anyway...
  • I am pleased to say that this information is now out of date. Having read the posts, I was not happy to be paying £15 plus vat for a replacement sim card, however having spoken to the nice people at Orange they informed me that a replacement sim card on my pay monthly account would be sent out free of charge - first class post :-) Thank you Orange!!
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes, but you were with Orange direct (by the look of it). The op got his contract through CPW and that way he was being charged.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure