£1 HDMI cables at Poundland

Options

Comments

• zipman23
    zipman23 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    googler wrote: »
    Sure, who cares if they spend £400 on an HD Blu-Ray, £1200 on an HD Screen, then get dropouts with the £1 HDMI lead.... it doesn't matter, does it?

I use my PS3 as my Blu-Ray player. Didnt cost me £400 either! :p
    English by birth. GEORDIE by the grace of God.
  • johnnyboyrebel
    johnnyboyrebel Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    Options
    zipman23 wrote: »
    I use my PS3 as my Blu-Ray player. Didnt cost me £400 either! :p

Does it play 3D blu-ray discs? :beer:
  • johnnyboyrebel
    johnnyboyrebel Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    Options
    Pay £1.44 for a thick Pluscom High Speed Shielded cable from eBay with free 1st class delivery.

Ebay Item number: 310354609334

High performance high quality HDMI-HDMI cable suitable to use in HDTV's, Home Theater, PlayStation 3 and business class projector based applications.

Latest Version 1.4.
    Fully compatible with HDMI 1.3b specification and Full HD Bandwidth: 10.2Gbps/340MHz.
    Version 1.4 For higher speeds, Deeper Color & Additional Color spaces (for compatible devices).
    Ethernet Capabilities (for compatible devices).
    3D over HDMI (for compatible devices).
    Audio Return (for compatible devices).
    Supports Resolution up to 4k x 2k which is 4 times to that of 1080P (for compatible devices).
    24K Gold Plated connectors to ensure superior signal transfer and maximum performance.
    Transfers Digital Audio and Video signals at fast speed of 10.2 Gigabits per second.
    Digital video can't get any better than this.
    Maximum reliability by triple shielding (2*foil and 1*metal-braid screen) and gold plated pins(10mu).
    Larger gauge PVC jacket provides maximum shielding against wear and tear and extreme temperatures.
    Designed to meet all HDMI standards.
    Treble screened to provide complete immunity to environmental EMI and RFI.
    Oxygen Free Copper conductor.
    Tinned Copper Braid Shielding.
    Interface: 1 HDMI Type A 19Pin Male Connector, 1 HDMI Type A 19Pin Male Connector.
    Color: Black.
    Available In 0.5, 1, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 Meter lengths.

How is the cable selling business you plugger!
    291968 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Yes. Bought 2 HDMI cables in Poundland, Plymouth this morning! Plenty of stock on the shelf. Cables work fine.
  • zia_sardar
    Options
    After trying many Pound Land stores I finally found my HDMI I am so lucky as I grabbed the last one . Brilliant quality. :D

Thank You all..........
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jayme1 wrote: »
    That just means you have a faulty HDMI cable, I have several cheap HDMI cables none have ever dropped out, none have any 'snow' artifacts .....

I got a £5.99 cable from HMV to use with a Panasonic HDD/DVD recorder and Panasonic LCD TV.

At various times, I get exactly the same symptom described by the tester examining the shielding of the cheap cables he was using (can be found in one of the links provided above) - dropouts of sound, patches of 'snow' across the screen, etc.

I think there's a line between 'faulty' and 'badly/cheaply/shoddily constructed'

The fact that it works in the main for 99% of the time, but shows these symptoms intermittently, indicates not a fault scenario, but a susceptibility to interference, that a better-constructed cable doesn't show. A faulty cable in my view just won't work, full stop.

I have a second DVD recorder connected to the same TV with a different brand of HDMI cable (slightly more expensive), and it shows no interference of this nature.
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    I bought an HDMI cable from Wilkinsons at £8.49 last week before I saw this article, and was thinking I'd bought the cheapest one around. In fact, I was quite pleased with myself.

Then I read on this thread about the £1 Poundland lead, and yesterday bought two from Poundland, and then took my (unopened) lead back to Wilkinsons for a full refund.

I'm £6.49 in pocket and I've got a spare lead.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • tweekee
    Options
    Loads of these in stock at Poundland Sauchiehall Street Glasgow on Tuesday.

Bought one and hooked it up to my son's PS3 and TV.

It's working fine.

Thanks!
  • ajuk
    ajuk Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    You just needed to say HDMI cables as Poundland, we all know what things cost at Poundland.
  • Dyb
    Options
    Poundland also have

VGA-VGA (computer to monitor)

USB - A
    USB - USB
    USB - mini USB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing