Any jobs that dont require a CRB check

2»

Comments

• I've had three CRB checks done recently (an enhanced one as I am a karate instructor, one for a temp job with the fire service, and one for my current temp job with a charity). None of these have come to my home address.

I haven't had CRB checks for a retail job nor for a temp job with an accountancy practice.

If you are not going to tell your wife (which is your business, but lies do have a habit of coming to light eventually), then you need to find out if in fact the CRB check will come to your home address.

On the CRB website https://www.crb.gov.uk it says
    If you are worried or concerned about what may be, or has been, revealed by your CRB check you can talk in confidence to the Nacro helpline. Nacro is a crime reduction charity that works with ex-offenders and is able to answer specific queries on good practice in relation to employment and offenders. (T: 0800 0181 259 or Email [EMAIL="helpline@nacro.org.uk"]helpline@nacro.org.uk[/EMAIL]).
    So they may be able to advise you on the best way to proceed.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forgot to say that CRB checks that we HAVE had done (myself, DH and MIL) for various groups we belong too have ALWAYS had copies sent to home addresses, or enquiry letters if more info were needed.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • gingerdad
    gingerdad Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    whitewing wrote: »
    Forgot to say that CRB checks that we HAVE had done (myself, DH and MIL) for various groups we belong too have ALWAYS had copies sent to home addresses, or enquiry letters if more info were needed.

for the various crb's i've had done i have always had a copy sent to my home....
    The futures bright the future is Ginger
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've had a couple of jobs retail and a couple in IT (both with fairly sensitive data, thinking about it) and have never seen a CRB check - could I have missed it being done?
  • grastgirl
    grastgirl Posts: 406 Forumite
    When I had my CRB done a copy was sent to me (in fact I've still got it although it's out of date).

I suspect CRBs are asked for more often than is really necessary, but if you want an idea what jobs ask for them do a braod search on the job centre website, they normally state in the details if a disclosure is necessary.
    MFW #66 - £4800 target
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Idiophreak wrote: »
    I've had a couple of jobs retail and a couple in IT (both with fairly sensitive data, thinking about it) and have never seen a CRB check - could I have missed it being done?
    Hardly, there's a form to fill in, and you have to produce ID and proof of address, and someone has to check your documentation against what's on the form, and it all has to be done very precisely in black ink, and you mustn't do anything wrong or it all gets sent back again ...

If a job requires a CRB then it may say so in the advert, certainly should say in any further information sent to you.

I've only had them for working / volunteering with children / vulnerable adults. An employer has to have a reason for getting them done, can't just get them done to check up on people IYSWIM.

NACRO are good. but who did you check with to be told your caution would definitely show up on a CRB? AFAIK, cautions would only show up on an ENHANCED check, but NACRO would know for sure.

Of course you need something to help you sleep you can always look it up on the CRB website itself.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport