Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chris P
    • By Chris P 26th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 166Posts
    • 38Thanks
    Chris P
    30hrs child care and earnings of £100,000
    • 26th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    30hrs child care and earnings of £100,000 26th Sep 17 at 9:14 PM
    Hello, I am aware that if you have taxable income of £100,000 or more you are not eligible:

For rental income, it is the full rent, or ther amount subject to tax

What happens if earnings are generally below £100,000,but a bonus pushes the income above £100,000. Will the full child care payment be clawed back?

Also, their mum am I are divorced. We currently both get childcare vouchers. If I apply for the 30 hrs I know I have to stop the vouchers - does she? And if we go for the childcare 30hrs would she lose any tax credits she is receiving?

Finally, the government website suggests I could receive £1310 if I go for the 30hrs option. As my daughter goes to school nursery 12.5hrs pw, I can only claim 17.5hrs pw. Yet I pay £3.50 per hour, which equates to £3185 (17.5 x 3.50 x 52)pa.

Thanks
    Last edited by Chris P; 26-09-2017 at 9:40 PM. Reason: more info
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,861Posts Today

8,053Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thank you for covering the story - but also can i say - what a great name for the editor of Money Marketing! https://t.co/UcvQduTeJL

• Hurrah! The ASA's ruled against 2 fake Facebook ads using my image https://t.co/GvNrqDPOC5 tho Facebook still shows others

• PS Today's poll is obviously inspired by the real question I was asked and tweeted about last night.

• Follow Martin