And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Comments

• pinkypig wrote: »
    I put mine off for weeks:o. Well done for getting it done

But it needs doing again now - waaaahhhh
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Work, in your field, is always nuts at this time of year. I found I just kept my head down, ploughed through and came up for air at Christmas.
    Keep going, you'll get there.
  • You're doing amazingly. Keep going - thinks will ease off again soon, I'm sure!
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    But it needs doing again now - waaaahhhh
    Oh no :eek: mine probably do too but one good thing about leaving for work in the dark and returning in the dark is I can't see them :rotfl: I'll get a reality check at the weekend no doubt! Xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    You're doing amazingly. Keep going - thinks will ease off again soon, I'm sure!

Thank you :A. My diary definitely looks lighter the week after next.

Enjoy your holidays -it sounds so exciting:D
  • Thank you. All packed and ready for the off......!!
  • pinkypig
    Today has been a little less chaotic if you ignore the weather which brought actual chaos:eek: What a night,I was glad to get home to my nice cosy house ( the heating is now on:o).
    With the exception of my commute today's been uneventful. My marking is up to date and I've got no more out of hours events or meetings this week. I left on time to avoid driving on flooded roads in the dark and so I did get a couple of jobs done at home.
    The cake tins were empty so I made chocolate crunch which ds loves. Its dead easy and cheap to make so its a winner all round.
    To counter balance the sugar and saturated fat in this I made low fat hummus and overnight oats with red berries and put two bags of pre chopped 10p ys veggies in the sc with some tinned toms and a load of spices to make a veggie curry for tomorrow's dinner and a coup!e of batches for the freezer.

In money news I requested £54.80 from tcb from when I switched energy suppliers. I also sorted out the problem with my new online energy account which was good but they informed me that my smartmeter is not compatible with their systems and a universal one could take 18 months to be fitted:mad: I loved my daily pounds and pence readings:( never mind, the kids will be delighted :rotfl:

Other mfw successes included ;

Daily cleaning routine done

Only me for dinner so used up ys veggie dish and steamed ys veggies so a huge, healthy plateful for 35p:money: Breakfast was porridge and lunch was leftovers so overall a thrifty day.

Recycling sorted out for collection

Meal plan and shopping list for next week done

Given that my eyes are actually starting to close I'm off to bed :)

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Nearly made it! It's been a manic few weeks and I don't mind admitting I'm just about out of steam. Tomorrow is looking like an OK day and then I'm out for drinks and dinner with friends from work - I hope I can stay awake:eek: I'm also hoping its not going to be too spendy, as my personal spends are over this month:o. Dinner was prepaid last month for so hopefully it won't be so bad (famous last words!).

Today has flown by but it has been quite a good mfw day:D

Nsd :j

Spin class done

drank enough water

Visited mum and dad

Porridge for breakfast, lo for lunch and veggie tikka masala for dinner (two packs of 10p ys chopped veggies, two onions, two tins of toms, store cupboard spices and some yogurt and it was yummy and made loads). The rest is in the freezer for easier dinners when the end of term madness sets in.

Laundry done and on airers

Easy heat up dinner defrosting for the kids when I'm out tomorrow and lunches (lo) done.

Off to read for half an hour, if I can stay awake that !ong. How did I ever have a midweek social life? Couldn't do it now if I tried:rotfl:

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    A very harassed and poorly piggy reporting in☹️. I've dragged myself through this week as I've had such a busy week at work that I hadn't much choice but I simply cannot wait for the weekend.
    I've lost track of detail this week but there's been no spends other than odd bits of grocery and some fuel.
    I'll do my full financials after the first of the month and when I've got more energy but my spends are;

Grocery £166.28/£150. I know this is over but it was a five week month and it did include 6 bottles of wine :o

Personal £74.01/£50. Again it's over but included two nights out that are unusual for me. It also included some boots that I wanted rather than needed :o

Fuel. £60.22/£130. Lift sharing and minimising unnecessary driving is definitely paying dividends :)

Annual spends £339.09:eek: this included car insurance, breakdown insurance and some Christmas presents. Taking some comfort from the fact that I couldn't have done it any cheaper and I used tcb where I could and used my cb cc,

Looking forward to catching up with everyone's news :)

PP
    Xx
  • All looks good PP. annual spends are just that, annual, at least you aren't paying out dribs and drabs each month.

I'm impressed with your £160 grocery spend. It's something I should aspire to.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure