Shutl via Ebay

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What does it show when you click through from the eBay order page?

This is what my UPS eBay order page looks like:

eti6ue.jpg

I can't screen shot, but mine is the same except that it just shows :

Order placed

May-16-17, 13:52 PM

then I have a tracking number (where yours is) but mine doesn't show as accepted.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 May 2017 at 5:54PM
    I phoned Shutl on the help number and they played holding music at me for a few minutes and then cut me off. I spoke to ebay who said it is nothing to do with them and if I have problems I need to take it up with Shutl, so I tried Shutl again and once again after several minutes of music I got cut off.

I'm just hoping this is slow to update or something, but the man in the Myhermes shop scanned it all OK .

EDIT: just went back to eBay on live chat and they had a look and came back and said to check the tracking again, and this time it shows as in transit. So all is well.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    soolin wrote: »
    I phoned Shutl on the help number and they played holding music at me for a few minutes and then cut me off. I spoke to ebay who said it is nothing to do with them and if I have problems I need to take it up with Shutl, so I tried Shutl again and once again after several minutes of music I got cut off.

I'm just hoping this is slow to update or something, but the man in the Myhermes shop scanned it all OK .

EDIT: just went back to eBay on live chat and they had a look and came back and said to check the tracking again, and this time it shows as in transit. So all is well.

Phew. Always a worry with the first one. As an aside, I've only used their Live Chat and it's been spot on.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Shutl appears to be an Ebay company now.

Are all the prices shown exclusive or inclusive of VAT? If inclusive the UPS ones aren't too bad.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I wonder if Shutl covers Scottish highlands and islands. I ask because at the moment there seems to be an issue where collectplus and hermes do go to H+I at a premium price but these services aren't available through third parties like parcel2go.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • theonlywayisup
    I wonder if Shutl covers Scottish highlands and islands. I ask because at the moment there seems to be an issue where collectplus and hermes do go to H+I at a premium price but these services aren't available through third parties like parcel2go.

Shutl is in effect the reseller. You need to check out the carrier (in this case UPS) to see what their restrictions are. I've sent to Inverness, that's as far north as my orders have been so far. If you do a dummy run with an order you can input any address. Select one from the Highlands/Islands and see what happens.
    RFW wrote: »
    Shutl appears to be an Ebay company now.

Are all the prices shown exclusive or inclusive of VAT? If inclusive the UPS ones aren't too bad.

There is no mention of VAT, but either they are below the VAT threshold (unlikely) or they are inclusive. I haven't been charged anything more than the prices shown.
  • RFW
    There is no mention of VAT, but either they are below the VAT threshold (unlikely) or they are inclusive. I haven't been charged anything more than the prices shown.
    That's weird. All the companies they use charge VAT and they're definitely registered http://www.vat-lookup.co.uk/verify/vat_check.php/VATNumber/GB971459587/CompanyName/SHUTL+LIMITED

No mention of VAT on their website anywhere.
  • theonlywayisup
    They do say:
    Information about
    https://www.shutl.com is a site operated by SHUTL LTD (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 06612384, VAT No. 971 4595 87 and have our registered office at 5 New St Square, London, EC4A 3TW
  • RFW
    Odd that they don't mention VAT, it can't be that few customers that would be bothered, it makes them look a bit less professional.

I occasionally use UPS services to send but don't have an account with them any more. I use upstoday.com which has pretty good rates for one off sending when you drop off.
  • theonlywayisup
    RFW wrote: »
    Odd that they don't mention VAT, it can't be that few customers that would be bothered, it makes them look a bit less professional.

I occasionally use UPS services to send but don't have an account with them any more. I use upstoday.com which has pretty good rates for one off sending when you drop off.

I agree. I do think they are really in their infancy and if they are a part of ebay, it's understandable why they aren't doing what they should! On the plus side, the service is excellent and their Live Chat is very helpful. I've yet to have my first invoice, it should be coming any day now, I will see what they do with displaying VAT.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure