June 2011 Brides

Comments

• nunnygirl
    nunnygirl Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Welcome Laurensmummy!
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member 1216 -
    2011 Total - £526.62

2012 Total - £503.87
  • I'm going to my first wedding dress shop on Saturday and I'm really nervous. I know it's stupid, but I'm so not a girlie girl, and the idea of wearing an uber girlie dress is just daunting. I'm taking my Mum and chief bridesmaid/maid of honour/wing girl (she hasn't decided on her official title yet) as they are the most honest people I know, and will tell me if I look like an idiot. It's actually a sale day, so going incase they have my dream dress at an mse price - dont know what my dream dress looks like, hopefully the shop does, lol
  • Finally sent out our save the dates!
    Plus my fab fiancee treated me to a pair of shoe to wear on the day :j
  • twirlypinky
    twirlypinky Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Oooh ooh ooh, can i be added please?

10th June!

Thanks!!

tpx
    saving up another deposit as we've lost all our equity.
    We're 29% of the way there...
  • nunnygirl
    Oooh the day before me twirly!

Rainbow....it's fab when OH's treat us ain't it!
    2011 Total - £526.62

2012 Total - £503.87
  • Hope you are all having a good Saturday. I am, we bought my wedding dress today! I'm so not a girlie girl (I only own 1 dress and 2 skirts) but I love it, just love it. Can't believe I am so happy over a frock.:j
  • nunnygirl
    Curlylou.....has Linda picked your proposal as one of her top 5 hun???

Just seen a disney proposal, with the fiancee getting married in June and thought of you, obviously you arent getting married in June now but you will have been at the time
    2011 Total - £526.62

2012 Total - £503.87
  • Hi everyone, hope you are all doing ok!

Wow Tam!! What is your dress like?! first trying on and you found the one you love!! how many did you try on etc?
    i am excited for you!!!

hope everyone who lost enthusiasm is getting it back... count down is ticking!!

i was wondering whether you lovely ladies could help me?
    i applied to win a wedding dress through Linda's Dresses No.9 for best down on one knee proposals and i made the final 5!
    am really excited and cnat believe i made it this far!! the winner is the one with the most likes, and this would be amazing for us and make my year if i could get further along! the other stories are good too so no pressure :D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dresses-at-No-9/112855082059629#!/notes.php?id=112855082059629&notes_tab=app_2347471856
    you need to like the page and then like the story.
    thankyou in advance!
    am missing talking to you all!!
    xxx
    :heart2:Married my Prince Charming on 15th April 2011 - perfect day!

Our little princess born 8th June - she is amazing!! :grinheart

Honeymoon Disney World Florida - Jan 2012!
  • nunnygirl wrote: »
    Curlylou.....has Linda picked your proposal as one of her top 5 hun???

Just seen a disney proposal, with the fiancee getting married in June and thought of you, obviously you arent getting married in June now but you will have been at the time

Yes nunny thats me!!!! i am so excited to get this far, lol! its exciting :j
    yeah it was june when first applying though :o... before all change!
    :heart2:Married my Prince Charming on 15th April 2011 - perfect day!

Our little princess born 8th June - she is amazing!! :grinheart

Honeymoon Disney World Florida - Jan 2012!
  • We went to a local bridal sale in Tamworth and it was sort of the first one I tried on, lol. I tried it on but it was too small, and then found another one the same that was three sizes too big. Tried about 7 other dresses on which were lovely but I just wasn't feeling it, they were all a bit blingy for me and to be honest I think I knew I liked the first one that I couldn't have. It must have been fate because the lovely lady that was helping us was recommending dresses that she thought would suit me and then came back with a huge grin on her face - my dress in the right size! Someone else must have been looking at it but didnt try it on so I tried it on and I just love it :)
    It's a Mori Lee (not sure what number, Mum has the paperwork) in antique white. It is strapless and has subtle sparkling beading across my boobs, with a very slimming swoosh across my tummy with a few more sparkles, and then more sparkles on the train. It has a stole with it but I feel so nice in it I might not even use it. I never show my arms normally but I have never felt so nice in a dress, if you knew me you would be amazed I'm even wearing a dress! Oh said he can tell I'm happy, apparently I had a funny smiley look on my face all last night!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure