June 2011 Brides

clareyPINKfairy
clareyPINKfairy Posts: 216 Forumite
edited 18 May 2011 at 5:47PM in Weddings & anniversaries
Welcome along June 2011 brides (and grooms)

hopefully we can all have a chat and share our ideas right up till our lovely perfect days next year! :)
let me know if i dont have your name or date down and i will add it

JUNE 2011 BRIDES

TamVilla80 - 3rd
blondali - 3rd
HxIrish - 3rd
PeachPickle - 4th
smudge_123 - 4th

twirlypinky - 10th
clareyPINKfairy - 11th
Em2656 - 11th
Emma1988 - 11th
nunnygirl - 11th
sunshine_shell - 11th

Picklepick - 18th
Mrsanders - 18th
RainbowDrops - 18th
nettie30 - 18th
Kezz kezz - 18th

Angel_Rachie - 20th
magicbunn2106 - 21st
elliegibbo - 21st

Missiemog - 23rd
curlylou1986 - 24th
Blade26 - 24th
Catterlen - 25th
Lotte123 -25th

amy_forster
Sparklylime
Sarah_28
hayley11
Sammy85
emlou2009 -Postponed :(
:heartsmil Getting Married 11th June 2011 to the lovely Graham:heartsmil
Wedding/honeymoon fund so far £6900

Comments

• roxy84
    roxy84 Posts: 191 Forumite
    Hi, we are getting married in 2011 August though i think so not far off lol.

So far we have visited a few venues and picked the one we want, provisionally booked the date but havent paid our deposit yet (£1750!!:eek:).
    Thats about all i ahve done, had a look on the net at various photographers, cars etc but not contacted any yet

We have been engaged 5 years, my oh keeps winging at me saying its 2 years away yet!
  • I am getting married on 19th March 2011 and so far I have booked the venue and got a dress and that's about it so far!
    Wildly my mind beats against you, yet the soul obeys. :heartpuls

Murphys "No more pies club" member #70

Vivit post funera virtus
  • xJayJayx
    xJayJayx Posts: 616 Forumite
    thought i would have a nose about lol nice to see a fellow Essex Lady on the boards, i am getting married in May 2011 but staying in Essex. Brentwood to be precise :)
  • Phyzelda
    Phyzelda Posts: 630
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm June 2011!!! Glad I'm not alone!!

We've drafted a rough guest list, got a budget in place and have started looking at venues.

Nonething booked yet though
  • xJayJayx wrote: »
    thought i would have a nose about lol nice to see a fellow Essex Lady on the boards, i am getting married in May 2011 but staying in Essex. Brentwood to be precise :)

wow, thats so funny - i live in brentwood!!
    heading up to scotland for the wedding though, as thats where im from. i moved down here a year ago to be with OH.

Iim heading to the brentwood centre wedding fair, and the one at hylands house in chelmo. i know they will probably be about things that will be more available in essex, but i think it'll be nice to go to them and get ideas. My mum is heading to one thats local to the Angus area for some ideas and supplier for up there.

starting to make my spreadsheet of hotels tonight while i do some babysitting! then will be visiting venues at xmas - is the only time i can get up to scotland, so maybe will decide a vanue by then!!
  • Phyzelda wrote: »
    I'm June 2011!!! Glad I'm not alone!!

We've drafted a rough guest list, got a budget in place and have started looking at venues.

Nonething booked yet though

we have drafted a guest list too, although it seems very heavy on my side!, maybe because more of my side are from scotland, and will be able to get there easier. my OH seems to have a fairly small family too. i keep asking if theres anyone else he would like to invite, as i feel a bit guilty!!

i've made out my budget spreadsheet, and we've opened a bank account for all the wedding funds.

because its 2 years away, it still seems a bit unreal. would love to start making my invites and stationary just now, (i'm a big crafter - lots of plans for things i can do myself) but it's so far in the future.

need to find a tartan first. My OH is going to try some on when we're up in scotland at xmas, and then once we've decided that, i can order ribbon from ebay to start the stationary.
  • xJayJayx
    xJayJayx Posts: 616 Forumite
    wow, thats so funny - i live in brentwood!!
    heading up to scotland for the wedding though, as thats where im from. i moved down here a year ago to be with OH.

Iim heading to the brentwood centre wedding fair, and the one at hylands house in chelmo. i know they will probably be about things that will be more available in essex, but i think it'll be nice to go to them and get ideas. My mum is heading to one thats local to the Angus area for some ideas and supplier for up there.

starting to make my spreadsheet of hotels tonight while i do some babysitting! then will be visiting venues at xmas - is the only time i can get up to scotland, so maybe will decide a vanue by then!!

oooh sounds great.
    I'm getting married at Ashwells its really lovely there, but if i wasn't from around here i would want to get married back "home" as it were.
    I want to go and look at a few fairs but can't get the time off of work unfortunately.
  • We just decided today on June 2011! Long distance too - living in manchester, wedding in northern ireland where we're from. What have you guys started with then? We're a bit stuck as to where to start! Not even picked a venue yet!

Have seen a dress in monsoon for £180 which i'm in love with but do we reckon its too soon to buy? We'll be having a civil ceremony so it's nice and simple, no big train or anything. Seems very affordable. Off to try it on tomorrow! Have also seen jewellery in debenhams.

Very excited!! :D x
  • We just decided today on June 2011! Long distance too - living in manchester, wedding in northern ireland where we're from. What have you guys started with then? We're a bit stuck as to where to start! Not even picked a venue yet!

Have seen a dress in monsoon for £180 which i'm in love with but do we reckon its too soon to buy? We'll be having a civil ceremony so it's nice and simple, no big train or anything. Seems very affordable. Off to try it on tomorrow! Have also seen jewellery in debenhams.

Very excited!! :D x

my mums coming down to visit in october, so were going to look at dresses then to see what would suit me. as long as your at a weight your comfortable with, then it should be fine to buy it now.
    i want to lose about a stone so im at a size im comfortable with. i'm sure if your size changed, a dressmaker would be able to help fairly cheaply. i'm just scared that i'll find the "perfect" dress just now, then get bored looking at it after 2 years, and see another dress i like!! maybe i should wait a bit longer to get mine!!
  • my mums coming down to visit in october, so were going to look at dresses then to see what would suit me. as long as your at a weight your comfortable with, then it should be fine to buy it now.
    i want to lose about a stone so im at a size im comfortable with. i'm sure if your size changed, a dressmaker would be able to help fairly cheaply. i'm just scared that i'll find the "perfect" dress just now, then get bored looking at it after 2 years, and see another dress i like!! maybe i should wait a bit longer to get mine!!

Well, technically it's not a weight I'm comfortable with lol but I think it's the one I'm stuck with ;) I'm a 12 and have been for about a year. In the past I have been both a 16 and a 6! Alterations ahoy! Nah I figure it's only £180, wouldn't be the end of the world to rebuy at a later point if i changed my mind! :D x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure