STOPPING robbing Peter to pay Paul...my journey...

Comments

• Morning Peeps

I have just made another mini payment of £10 to my CC..getting slightly anal with my spreadsheets hehe :money:

Also getting mildly obsessed checking my bank accounts and credit cards online...I mean I am the only person paying it so it won't miraculously disappear over night!! But hey ho it does take a while to reach the account doesn't it..and it's oh so satisfying to see that figure rounded down ever so slightly!

Thankfully I was just reading my highest CC statement and realised that £5756.45 of the £13,790 that I owe switched from the 0% deal on August 21st :mad: ...going to try and barter with T****O as the offered me a 0% for 18 months at beginning of year and have now dropped the offer to 9 months...argh!

I wonder what my chances are?? Wish me luck!
    #4 DFBXMAS24 - £1,542.72/£5,000
    NSD Challenge - Jan 15/12, Feb 3/12, Mar 10/10 Apr 6/12.

Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration & inspiration ~ Evan Esar
  • I'd just take the 9 months on the basis that when it expires, you'll be in a much better place and will probably get a better deal for what's left then.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Yes, just called and they won't offer the blinking 18 months... **** **** **** (enter expletives here!)

Shifting it is the main thing i guess!?

Maybe I should try and increase the limit so that I can shift more!? :cool:

Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration & inspiration ~ Evan Esar
  • blubella
    blubella Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 September 2015 at 9:25AM
    Well that was a no go too :o

Worked out I can take £7700 with a fee of around £238.00 0% for 9 months. I currently have £130 outstanding on this particular DEBT CARD, so that will increase my DEBT to roughly £8068. I will clear the £130 immediately to save the interest charges and that'll take me below £8,000...yay.

Then...what to do with the remainder?

PLAN:

Pay off the £5760 of the BIG DEBT CARD M*** which has just started accruing interest. That'll leave £8030 on it which is 0% until 21st July next year.

Pay off £1800 of the BOSS DEBT CARD, which will leave £1420 to clear, I start paying interest in October I believe...pretty soon :eek:? The goal will be to get this one cleared asap!!

The others are 0% for a while...phew..

Tis good to write all this down..;)

• Weekend went by and I spent more than I anticipated, spent weekend with BF at his parents; BF doesn't get paid until 15th so he was low on fuel and money, so straight off a £6.50 bridge toll and an 80 mile round trip for me. Went to a town fayre which was lovely, live music and a great atmosphere; got drawn in by the food and cider (caribbean food you don't see often in this area), ended up spending £10 on food and £5 on cider, BF rounded up with £2 and £1 and paid the £4 parking.

Decided we would wild camp in the forest and ended up spending another £23 on food and wine :(

This week the day also rolled around to pay for my weekend away in November with my GF's, (the one that I spent part of the deposit for several months ago :mad:)...budgeted for that, so my share was £195.

Starting to see a pattern now.....HOLIDAYS!? Now i'm not a psychologist but I'm wondering if this stems back to my youth? I always wanted to travel and felt that I gave up the opportunity in my 20's so that I could bring my son up...he always came first and I quite frequently missed out so that he could go off skiing with school and holiday camps etc. His Dad never paid any maintenance so I struggled. It was forever in the back of my mind that I would still be young enough to make my dreams a reality when my son was older.

I recall a few years ago, son went off for the summer prior to Uni - Australia and SE Asia. He ran out of money and I had to jump in and help out and I remember thinking this isn't right...why am I here and he's off enjoying the things I want to do? Now, it's not that I don't want him to see the world and enjoy life...after all he learn't from me...but it did teach us both a lesson and I told him that he had to learn to budget for these things as I could not continue to bail him out as I could not afford to. From then on I have tried to have at least one trip abroad each year, whether for a weekend or a month, plus the odd trip in the UK be it day trip or weekend...

Off to Naples in October with BF :o ...did sugget to BF that we didn't go but he is insistent that we do. Flights paid but have to do some more budgeting now....seriously, I have to try to get a handle on this :(

• Don't try total deprivation. If you do, you will end up rebelling at some point which typically costs a lot more.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • That's the thing i'm not depriving myself at all...I just need to put things into perspective...

I've spent 2 weeks in Canada seeing son this year...was amazing and wouldn't change it for the world but then i've been to two festivals, a weekend around Pembrokshire coast and now Naples lined up.. doh

• Gt paid £60.60 cash back today, also emptied my piggybank and paid cash in £74.

Just trying to work out payments i've made since taking the 0%...will up date later :)

• Up early this morning rooting through the freezer... BF coming over tonight for weekend; I tend to splurge more on food when he's around, buying things that I would not normally buy and without any thought. He's lost loads of weight and does not eat when he is on shifts, problem is he tends to binge when he has his main meal. The food I always cooked and had left overs from is no more...he polishes off the whole lot and then out comes the chocolate.

I've discovered a lentil, bean and lager chilli in the freezer, may make some sweet potato wedges to go with it... that SHOULD fill him up!!? His Mum has given him some meat so we will make a curry with rice and beans over the weekend. Hoping to get some bread on the go too...got to keep that youngster full!

• blubella
    blubella Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 September 2015 at 6:41AM
    Morning All

It was quite a successful meal last night...used up the lentil, bean and lager chilli from the freezer, made sweet potato wedges with roasted onions and garlic and picked up a big bag of spinach reduced to 19p from Morries. I do so love my greens.

BF arrived laden with goodies...butternut squash, tomatoes, shoulder of goat and a bag of apples all from his M&D's garden :j (goat from neighbour)

BF prepped a caribbean goat curry for tonight....i've just turned the slow cooker on low... so fingers crossed that its' delish by tonight! It's always a bit hit and miss with me and the slow cooker...i always find the meat really dries out....and tbh i'm more of a veggie.

Bread also on the go...call me Delia :T

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure