PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Pleasures for yesterday,
    1. Free lunch at work as someone was leaving, sad to see them go but is a good move for them.
    2. Lots of chocolate brownie left over from lunch so took some home to have as pudding
    3. Guys at work keeping me sane when the politics of the project I am working on started to get to me.
    4. Another NSD thats 3 this week
    5. Helping DD come up with some homemade christmas presents. She is not like me and is quite handy with a needle and thread so had made a little cosmetic bag which she can fill with hotel toiletry freebies for the grandmas.

Hugs to all who need them
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    Afternoon all !

Freaky Friday because so far...

1. Mum called before 6am as Miss. Barker the dog had had some sort of stroke and had pooed and peed everywhere poor thing . She has a very weak back anyway and was finding it hard to walk . After the stroke she couldn't walk at all and kept falling over .Called vet for home visit and Mum decided that it was not fair for the dog to suffer so she was pts and she died in my arms about an hour ago :( No pleasure but glad that I was at home today, as was OH, my sister and my brother who were all there to support Mum. OH said I went into "practical mode" as everyone else was in tears and someone had to "deal" with the situation and the vets questions.

2.Its currently raining in my house too. The dining room ceiling is pouring with water as are the walls as there is a leak in the bathroom , discovered at the same time that the dog had her stroke.My cousin who fitted the shower years ago lives two doors away and popped round before he went to work. Shower switched off but its still pi**ing down ! Glad that OH is so lazy that he had not got around to actually decorating the dining room , since stripping off the wallpaper MONTHS ago .

3. Just eaten a big bag of crisps that I was saving for Xmas and some Har*bos.

4. Pay day

5. CBA to do anything now except listen to the drip drip dripping ...sound that will drive me insane ..

roll on Saturday !!!!!! !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry about your mums dog Chicken
    and that leak, what a day!
    my 5
    1. both log burners lit its going very cold outside and we need to keep warm
    2. another egg
    3, horses grazing in top paddock, stables set fair and ready for them to come in later
    3. hens cleaned out and given a treat of carrot peelings which they really like. will be giving them a little cod liver oil and a bit of bread later too.
    4.HM soup for lunch and DH gone off to work with a flask full some sandwiches and also fruit.
    5. looking to On Mardle Fen on the radio in a bit after the Archers
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Chicken I'm so sorry to hear about Miss. Barker. You and your DM are both in my thoughts. Copers are often seen as stoics, but the attitude is someone has to do it so just get on with it, and if we let ourselves go behind closed doors we know the situation was cleared up first.
    Also sorry to hear about the flood, as if there haven't been enough these past few weeks! Hope it's stopped peesing in the house by now so you don't suffer from Chinese water torture :(

5 later. S
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi McCulloch, wish I'd known that was your job beforehand, lol, although I think my tests were different ones? QTS for teachers? I now feel like I could teach fractions and percentages to primary children - just hurry up universities and interview meeeeeee!!
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Chicken - Sorry to hear about Miss Barker and hope things improve for you over the weekend. Hugs to you and your DM
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL! you are all lovely.

Sparrer - I knew that you would "get it" iyswim ? Poor Mum is in shock and I hope that the "dog shaped hole" gets filled shortly . Too soon for her too think about that though.

Still raining in my house . OH has ordered some gasketty things for the shower which should arrive tomorrow..

1.One Pleasure - funny how this happens on today of all days. An ex work colleague has emailed me today , and I haven't spoken to him for at least 7 years - no funny business or anything I can assure you. I am meeting up with my other ex colleagues next Friday for a meal and have suggested that he should pop along as they would all love to see him.

2. I lied another pleasure - David Haye in the shower in the jungle Frith did you see that bit !!

Have a good evening all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • RevolvingDoor
    Options
    ^ Poor doggie.:(

1. I had homemade meals all day. I really fancied some spring rolls from the Chinese but I saw that they sell them in a supermarket (Aldi I think) so I'm going next week to stock up for when the cravings hit again.

2. I spent some time this afternoon framing some photos which was nice.

3. I have downloaded some shows to watch tonight.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Chicken aww I am so so sorry - Big hugs to you and your mum.

Sorry I’ve been MIA, I have been out each evening at hospital not back home till 11pm, eating sleeping then back to work for 8am.... just a little bit tired!!!! Dad is refusing to go into a hospice, so we have to turn his down stairs into a living area rather rapidly this weekend, things are on order and being sold etc. And both myself and DH had a royal go at the hospital who really can’t seem to tell their rear from in-front!:mad: It’s been a farce, so I stamped my feet said enough is enough we will deal with enough of the Chinese blumin whispers that are stressing me out. Promise to catch up on posts later tonight.
    1. Paid for Christmas dinner today whoop whoop
    2. Its Friday.
    3. A freezer full of goodies
    4. Getting the advent lorry down which means
    5. We have to go shopping for chocolate to put in it - shame:rotfl:
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. DD is here chuckling away with a chum in the sitting room whilst I'm banished to the kitchen, fine by me! :)

2. Chum's mummy and younger sister came in for a cup of coffee when the girls arranged their impromptu play date :)

3. Went to MrT's to get some bits and bumped into lots of friends, and one of my soon to be colleagues, who was so lovely :)

4. Have made a yummy looking cake, even if I say so myself, for a friend's birthday tomorrow. Just got to wait for it to cool so I can decorate it and take it over. You're never too old for chocolate cake with chocolate icing and smarties on top are you?!?!? Silly question....

5. Have done another chum a favour as she's stuck and needed to get a message to my neighbour urgently.

6. Looking forward to one or two friends coming over tonight for the weekend, not sure where they are at the mo, hope they don't turn up whilst we're out!

7. Redundancy money has hit my account and I feel rich I tells'ya. Shame it's got to keep us afloat for ever and isn't for frivolous stuff...

8. The house is looking reasonably tidy.......

9. Looking forward to school fete tomorrow, it'll be busy, busy, busy!

10. Nice chat to mummykins on the phone

11. Lovely hug from a friend to congratulate me on my exam success :)

12. OH's birthday and he was very pleased with his present.

13. Dropped DD to school and went back to bed for a nap, am sooo tired at the moment with all these colds and things, so glad I'm not working, but wish I took advantage of it more often! Maybe Sunday....

14. Am having lots of fun thinking of treats for DD's advent calendar. So far she has 6 crackers, 5 fruit bars, 2 nights in mummy's bed, 2 DVD and popcorn nights, a calendar for her desk, and 2cute tree decorations, need a few more free voucher type things, any ideas? Maybe a drive around to look at Christmas lights? Apparently there's a street in the nearby town that has a competition!

15. Have got out all the Christmas presents I've bought and am excited at the prospect of wrapping them, once I've worked out where in the garage the paper and tags are......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure