PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stains on frosted glass?

2»

Comments

• durham_girl
    durham_girl Posts: 2,715 Forumite
    Was this thread it? It's about a table, but still frosted glass. It does have some replies :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1790319&highlight=
    :j30/7/10:j

:j24/1/14 :j
  • Hi, thanks that wasn't the thread I started but my thread seems to have appeared further down that one! I was sure I started it as a new thread so I could find it again, I didn't think I had replied on someone else's thread, I haven't seen that thread before!

But thank you, that was the post I asked a few days ago. Thank you.
  • Oh ok I have been looking for my thread all day! Some nice person gave me a link to this and I found my thread in this one. I haven't got the stain removed as I came on today to see if anyone had advice for me and I couldn't find my post! I didn't think to look under someone else's thread, silly me.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi Squeezy

In Old style, there are a lot of things that don't change over time - such as removing stains/cooking certain recipes etc. We like to keep everything tidy and all the information together, so I put your thread with the old one - which is called a merge.

This means if someone has the same problem in future, they can search and find all the answers together. I posted to explain here

Don't worry - it can be a little confusing at first but you will get used to it in no time. If you are stuck just shout and no doubt someone will be able to help you

I am only a new board guide, so i will check to see if i did everything correctly.

Sorry for any confusion. x
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Can you explain how to search then, as when I searched for my first thread nothing came up.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Can you explain how to search then, as when I searched for my first thread nothing came up.

Hi squeezymeplease,

If you want to find your own posts click on your user name in any thread and it will give you an option to find more posts by squeezymeplease'.

For help with searching squeaky has written an excellent guide here:

I searched but couldn't find anything ( quick search help )

Pink
  • Srai13
    Srai13 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I think I have found something that works well with removing stubborn grease stains.

I had some doors installed with frosted glass. One day I noticed like a water mark on it, tried to wipe it off, but it wouldn't budge! Doors had only been hung less than a week and I was pretty annoyed. Anyway, took a look at this thread and pretty much tried everything expect for steam. By the way - do not use WD40 as somebody suggested as it made it worse! The marks I had on the door were darker in colour from the glass and pretty noticeable. Yesterday, went out and got everything suggested on here, white vinegar, magic eraser etc, none of them worked! Luckily I picked up a bottle of Bar Keepers Friend multi surface cleaner and sprayed it on today. Good thing is the mark has gone! Only issue I have is that the spray left white marks on the glass, which isn't so bad due to the glass being white. I did spray it unevenly, so will attempt to spray the whole glass again and hope for a good result!
  • gogirlgo
    gogirlgo Posts: 16 Forumite
    a painter has got zinsser stain blocker on my frosted glass bathroom window and nothing will remove it. It is the shellac one in the red tin. It has smeared all over the glass. has anybody got any ideas how to remove it. thank you
  • My partner sprayed white vinegar on my stain glass doors and I cant get drip marks off. Any tips
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback