Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 20 April 2017 at 9:58AM
    Hengus wrote: »
    Is Iresa communicating with any of its customers at the moment?
    No tweets for 6 days (he/she/they on holiday this week?); phone queues 35+; not allowing new customers in (do they know how lucky they are?) etc etc
    https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/with_replies
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    LyndaS wrote: »

If I search really hard to find something to complain about, I suppose some may find the following a little irritating:

a) We have E7, and I was expecting two fields to enter day and night readings. On the Iresa site, you have to tab to another page to enter the second registry entry. Strangely, it even allows for different dates for each registery reading. :huh:

We are on E7 with Iresa, and our account is not set up quite like that.

When we come to input the meter readings, there is only one page to enter them on (2 fields), and you only enter the date once.

I see you imply you haven't actually entered any meter readings yet, so are you perhaps getting confused with reading past meter readings where I agree the day and night registry entries do appear on different pages.
  • FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 April 2017 at 9:59AM
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    No tweets for 6 days ...

Does that include Good Friday, Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday???

Edit:
    The last tweet I see from them said
    Contact us with any issues accessing your online account....
  • Don't touch these people with a barge pole. Customer service is pretty non existent, if you need to call them, average queues range from 50-70 and you will be waiting for AT LEAST an hour.

Reporting via their online system is just as bad, I currently have 10 outstanding issues on their system.

They also seem to be incompetent, as I luckily noticed a request in my account from someone else to change the email address on the account!!!

They have also cocked up the transfer of gas from my old property, and 3 months on still have not managed to do it.

They may be a slightly lower price, but I hate to say it, not really worth it. Even British Gas have better support that these folks, and that is saying something.
  • I think you have just been one of the very few lucky ones.

Hope you never have to contact them.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hengus wrote: »
    Is Iresa communicating with any of its customers at the moment? I cannot get them to bill me properly for gas (it's not just the CV issue). I also sense from a response that I have received from The EO that Iresa may not have responded to its request for information.

Nope. Last response I had from them was on 6/3, and I still have 4 tickets open on the system.
    And it's not just customers. My previous supplier (E.On) has been trying to contact them for 3 weeks to agree a final gas read, but they do not respond to them either.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 April 2017 at 4:46PM
    macman wrote: »
    Nope. Last response I had from them was on 6/3, and I still have 4 tickets open on the system.
    And it's not just customers. My previous supplier (E.On) has been trying to contact them for 3 weeks to agree a final gas read, but they do not respond to them either.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

Edit: Iresa has just updated my Gas transactions page for February/March but there is no bill. As others have said, thy are still using a fixed multiplier of 11.4 which equates to a truncated calorific value of 40.1 whereas my average daily CV for the period is 39.5. Clearly, nearly 5 months on, Iresa are no closer to resolving the calorific value issue.
  • Hengus wrote: »
    Is Iresa communicating with any of its customers at the moment? I cannot get them to bill me properly for gas (it's not just the CV issue). I also sense from a response that I have received from The EO that Iresa may not have responded to its request for information.

He can only hide in the toilets blubbering like a girl for so long before someone finally notices that he's gone missing and drags him back to his desk so he can continue working on his abacus. Sadly for him I think Blackadder previously cornered the market in the underpants on the head and two pencils up the nose trick. :D

Not unreasonably the visitor posts on Facebook seem to be getting more and more angry by the day with absolutely no recent official responses being posted by Iresa on any of the social media sites.

It would appear that a situation now exists where Iresa don't answer the phone to customers, don't appear to even read let alone reply to either customer emails or questions/complaints placed on online accounts (although trying to be fair a complaint sent to them via email on the 13th April has now been copy/pasted by them into the Support area in my online account and been given a reference number but the complaint has not been formally acknowledged via email and it has most definitely not been responded to) and they are not currently posting anything on the social media sites.

More importantly if Iresa are also not communicating with the other energy suppliers, the Ombudsman or Ofgem surely this can't be allowed to continue before it negatively impacts Iresa's business in a big way effectively making them impossible to deal with or remain part of the energy market.

Based on that I am guessing the answer to your original question must probably be NO! :rotfl:

All this does is make customers begin to wonder if anyone is actually doing any work at all at Iresa and it would clearly not be unreasonable for any customer to begin doubt whether Iresa are even still in business?

Whatever the reason/s for this unacceptable and intolerable behaviour by an energy supplier I can't honestly see Ofgem allowing it to continue for very much longer.

You would think that after being given their first warning by Ofgem regarding improving their levels of customer service if there is no evidence of immediate improvement Ofgem will be left with no option but to step in and take swift enforcement action if only to deflect any criticism of themselves for issuing Iresa with their Operator's Licenses in the first place without carrying out due diligence, financial and systems checks beforehand and also for not taking more robust enforcement action against Iresa much earlier?

If memory serves me correctly a similar period of total silence also preceded GB Energy going bankrupt and when things go totally quiet in these circumstances it is not usually a good sign.

These are obviously totally different circumstances to what happened with GB Energy and this is only wild speculation and not based on any known facts but in the absence of any formal announcement by either Iresa or Ofgem do you think it's possible that Ofgem's search to find a supplier of last resort to take on Iresa's existing customers may have already begun behind the scenes?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ...my next DD is due to be taken tomorrow - bet their "system" manages that task OK:rotfl:
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    macman wrote: »

Have you had a final bill from us macman or are we waiting for the gas reading to come through? There can sometimes be delays with this but, if we still haven't had this after 42 calendar days, we'll contact the new supplier to try to sort it out.

Alternatively, have we closed to a reading you're not happy with and an Agreed Reads Dispute (ARD) has been raised to re-agree this? These can take up to six weeks to sort depending on the suppliers involved.

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree macman.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure