IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Mil Collections - Letter Before action

Options

Comments

• spook104
    spook104 Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh ok I'm with you now....

So unless all the ducks line up, it could be a mess of who requested, what name was on the sign and who assigned the debt.

The name at the bottom is Gavin Stuart Price. and it was dated 22/09/2014
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    PG ... many of your responses are quite cryptic. I'm sure everyone would benefit if you spelled out in bullet points what you're trying to say - what angle you're exploring with all this.

Edit - maybe OP has got it ... but an explanation much earlier would have saved about 15 posts in the thread.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    PG ... many of your responses are quite cryptic. I'm sure everyone would benefit if you spelled out in bullet points what you're trying to say - what angle you're exploring with all this.

Edit - maybe OP has got it ... but an explanation much earlier would have saved about 15 posts in the thread.

if you are better at playing 20 questions , take over

bye
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • DoaM
    Options
    If you'd clearly explained your strategy at the outset then 20 questions wouldn't have been needed. ;)
  • spook104
    First Anniversary
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    if you are better at playing 20 questions , take over
    bye

I'm normally on the other side of this (I work in IT and getting the information you want can be painful) so I appreciate the help. Especially given this is your own time and who your helping doesn't understand all (read most) of the subject at hand.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    If you'd clearly explained your strategy at the outset then 20 questions wouldn't have been needed. ;)

stratagy was to get the correct info , this has been going on since late last year http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71538183&postcount=17

hence asking specific questions , which form , date , etc etc

so please take over now DoaM
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • DoaM
    Options
    No thanks - no need to. Just because you don't like anyone questioning you, there's no need to ...

THROW%2BTOYS%2BFROM%2BPRAM.jpg

:D

Anyway - nice to see PG back; I guess the "cat" is sleeping for a while now? ;)
  • spook104
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So this is the start of my witness statement....

I'm struggling with content given that I have had nothing from Mil and I don't expect I will do before the 14 days deadline.

I plan to submit my skeleton once I've seen their bundle, but as I'm sure this will be after the 14 day deadline what happens with exhibits? Can I add new exhibits that relate to my skeleton argument if I didn't submit them prior to the 14 day deadline? If not should I just add everything I'm going to need or think I'm going to need as Exhibit items even if they aren't used in the witness statement?
    WITNESS STATEMENT
    1. I, am the defendant in this claim. The fact in this statement come from my personal knowledge, or are true to the best of my information and belief
    2. I am not liable to the Claimant for the sum claimed, or any amount at all and this is my Witness Statement in support of my defence as already filed
    3. I am the registered keeper of the vehicle in question in this case.
    4. I was not the driver at the time indicated in the Particulars of Claim, I did travel in the vehicle immediately following the time indicated.
    5. Exhibit ML001 is a copy of my google location history for the period directly proceeding the time and date indicated. It clearly show that it took me 20 minutes to walk to the area around the Market Place Carpark from my previous location.
    6. Exhibit ML002 is a copy of my google location history for the period directly after the time and date indicated. It clearly shows that I was traveling in a vehicle, and it is admitted that it was the vehicle in question, as a passenger.
    7. I assert that when the driver and I went to the vehicle there was no PCN attached.
    8. I assert that I received no Notice to Keeper from One Parking Limited or one of their various trading/company names
    9. It is my belief that I have had no valid “Notice of Assignment” from One Parking Limited, as the “Notice of Assignment” was sent by the claimant
    10. The Claimant has consistently refused or ignored attempts to communicate on the issues in this case. Exhibit ML003, Exhibit ML004, ML005 and Exhibit ML006, both before and after beginning this claim.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,666 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I would add:

I requested from the DVLA information on who had obtained my information around the alleged date. They sent me a letter and a copy of the v888/3 used, which I have ascertained means my data was obtained under DVLA rules which do not allow my data to be bought & sold like a commodity. I have discovered that the DVLA has stated just last month (February 2017) to another victim of MIL's questionable business practice:

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that MIL have stated...

“Only where we have positive information supplied by the motorist to either the seller or ourselves are continuing with those cases. We are assuming by default that data that has been supplied is DVLA unless we know otherwise”

If the data being used has not been obtained directly from DVLA, the Agency could not provide any instructions on this data. If however, the data is vehicle keeper data that has been obtained directly from DVLA, this should not be used as permission was not provided by the DVLA for this to be passed to MIL.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide any further advice on this matter but I hope this helps

Kind regards

David Dunford
    Data Sharing Strategy & Compliance
    Strategy, Policy & Communications Directorate | D16 | DVLA | Swansea | SA99 1DY
    Twitter: @dvlagovuk
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure