PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Comments

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    :) Hey, an new thread. Nice one.

I'm presently PMSL at this Cissia and Ada sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZjVQOjBPJ_o
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Good morning one and all

I had great plans for today.....well I say great, they mostly involved house work and cooking but my sister is poorly so I'm back off to visit Mum today. Had a great visit yesterday and Mum managed to make a cup of tea and coffee - there was a sugar incident and a lack of tea bags at first but she realised her mistake and even managed to clean up after herself. A huge step in the right direction.

So this morning will see me whizz around with a damp cloth and a hoover and get the house reasonable. Then I need to do a couple of hours work before sorting out food for the rest of the day. DD1 cooked a huge pile of jacket potatoes last night so I shall reheat one of those for lunch before heading off for my train. Wont be home till after 10pm so I'd like to know the house is clean and tidy before I leave.

Need a serious injection of energy so more tea please!!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry Nursemaggie I'm nearly 6ft & do't have any bosom to speak of - I'm more like Hylda Baker's 'our Eli' (for those of you of a certain age!)
    GQ Hilarious clip & Les Dawson bears an uncanny resemblence to my dear departed MiL - the bosom hitching & facial expressions, absolutely lovely lady that I loved to bits.
    Watched the Sewing Bee last night - they really did put them through their paces with the fabrics. The three that are left are the right ones I thought.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    :) I always thought Les Dawson's female character was brilliantly observed. Was it a Post Office advert where he was in that character and talking about what you could buy there and dropped his voice conspiratorially about a neighbour who was into *whispers* philately.

Never has stamp-collecting sounded so dodgy............:rotfl:
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    No silvasava you misunderstand I mean my image of you was the image I have of nuatha so now I have to change it to a man. I know you are tall and slim from the make do and mend thread.
  • nuatha
    nuatha Posts: 1,932 Forumite
    No silvasava you misunderstand I mean my image of you was the image I have of nuatha so now I have to change it to a man. I know you are tall and slim from the make do and mend thread.

My apologies for causing the confusion :)
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :) I always thought Les Dawson's female character was brilliantly observed. Was it a Post Office advert where he was in that character and talking about what you could buy there and dropped his voice conspiratorially about a neighbour who was into *whispers* philately.

Never has stamp-collecting sounded so dodgy............:rotfl:

Remember that one - it probably gave stamp collecting a major boost.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    He was a master of comedy i thought and not a swear word from him.Wouldn't it be great to see some of his forgotten sketches on tv today instead of the foul- mouth ranting thats called 'comedy' I am not a prude and have used a cuss word at times myself, but not in front of several million people Guess I'm showing my age, but swearing should not be on our t,v,s in our own homes where children hear and see it and then repeat.Can't blame the kids when they see adults doing it on t.v. Dave Allen managed to make folk laugh without it

Rant over ,just one of my pet hates.
    Re the bosom hitching ,at the moment I only have one to hitch but fingers crossed by April after my reconstruction op. I shall have a pair again,just awaiting a bed.Be great to be able to buy underwear again after eight years .But the mastectomy saved my life so what's a boob.Won't be a lop-sided swimmer either :):):)at least I will be able to swim in a straight line again :):):)
    Right off to have my cuppa and some breakfast, cereal and chopped banana for me
    Cheers chums have a good day
    JackieO xxx
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning fellow "fencers" :)

Meeting the grandkids from school today, looking forward to it as we haven't seen them for a few weeks.

This is an exciting time for their daddy; at the age of 42 he's about to start a brand-new career, training to be a nurse like DD :j
  • Morning people! Loved Les and Dave, both truly funny men. Just about to go make brekky of cheesy egg rolls yum yum. Then it's off to get shopping in, though will need to be extra frugal this week, as took old dog to vet yesterday and he needed three lots of pills, apparently he has kennel cough....£60 well spent :o bless im.
    Haters are gonna hate - you're not obliged to participate
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry Nursemaggie of course - I forgot you are on the MMM thread too - I think my brain has gone like 'Our Eli's' too ;)
    Jackie O Certainly agree with you about comedy now - I used to love Arthur Haines, !!!!!! Emery, the Two Ronnies etc - all innuendo & suitable for the kids as most of it went over their heads.
    Good Luck for April & the 'rebalancing' - I'm lopsided as I just had a 'chunk' out but as you say - what's a boob when you consider the alternative - hugs to you
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure