Confused over who to switch to

2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    melbury wrote: »
    I am in exactly the same position in that my current tariff is about to run out. There are so many names that I don't recognise and these are the ones offering the lowest prices, but are they reputable and any good?

Your supply is protected, as is any credit on your account irrespective of the supplier that you choose. Yes, you may be faced with months of poor customer service but there are no guarantees that if you use one of the Big 6 that they will get everything right. Which Big 6 supplier is under Ofgem investigation at the moment?
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,250
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hengus wrote: »
    Your supply is protected, as is any credit on your account irrespective of the supplier that you choose. Yes, you may be faced with months of poor customer service but there are no guarantees that if you use one of the Big 6 that they will get everything right. Which Big 6 supplier is under Ofgem investigation at the moment?

I don't know, who?
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• Ok, so switched to Zog for gas and SO Energy for electric.

Lets see how this goes!
  • System
    Community Admin
    Ok, so switched to Zog for gas and SO Energy for electric.

Lets see how this goes!

A word of advice about Zog. It is a first-class 'no frills' company. It will not send you a meter reading reminder so if you want accurate bills you need to provide Zog with an actual meter reading on the last day of each month. My June bill came through by e-mail today.
  • Thanks. We will set reminders up to do the reading.

Any issues you have found or are you otherwise happy with their service?
  • Maxwell007
    Maxwell007 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Try Tonik Energy .. .
  • System
    Community Admin
    edited 11 July 2017 at 12:21PM
    Thanks. We will set reminders up to do the reading.

Any issues you have found or are you otherwise happy with their service?

Zog is a small supplier. I am back with them after a 6 month break. No issues whatsoever. E-mail them a question and you will get a response in hours. Their billing is clear with no confusing multipliers.
  • Hengus wrote: »
    Zog is a small supplier. I am back with them after a 6 month break. No issues whatsoever. E-mail them a question and you will get a response in hours. Their billing is clear with no confusing multipliers.

Sounds acceptable to me. Time will tell, August 2nd is our slated switch date, and August 1st for SO Energy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure