Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OMG, OMG this would be amazing to win and just at the right time since I just recently died from being hit by a meteorite, my little dog was tragically abducted by aliens and is now just a head in a jar on Alpha Centauri, and my house was eaten alive by bol weevils. My homeless family who are all suffering from wasting terminal illnesses would really be cheered up until, of course, the End of the World which will happen two weeks after the end of this competition.So I need this b4 this happens 🤣🤣#win.. thanks Andrew

:T:rotfl::T
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    Options
    sammi86 wrote: »
    I saw the 7 children lady for the first time yesterday!

I'm now going to post my own sob story, something along the lines of "i'm a mother of 7 tomato plants.."

:eek: I have just come across her too.....the immediate image that popped into my head was......

_96023581_13493902-low_res-eastenders-portraits-2017.jpg
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Had one today come up on my own Twitter feed because the person begg, er, entering, used my RT to post to the people doing the comp.
    It went something like 'yes please with a (cherry emoji) on top. And lots of those praying emoji's as well.
    They were 'this' close to being blocked. Rt'ing a Rt is one thing, as we've all done it by accident. Pleading to win is another. :mad:
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • pate-ci0
    pate-ci0 Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2017 at 9:07PM
    Options
    mansey wrote: »
    OMG, OMG this would be amazing to win and just at the right time since I just recently died from being hit by a meteorite, my little dog was tragically abducted by aliens and is now just a head in a jar on Alpha Centauri, and my house was eaten alive by bol weevils. My homeless family who are all suffering from wasting terminal illnesses would really be cheered up until, of course, the End of the World which will happen two weeks after the end of this competition.So I need this b4 this happens ����#win.. thanks Andrew

:T:rotfl::T

Oy, that's mine from ages ago (apart from the "So I need this b4 this happens ����#win.. thanks Andrew" bit)!!!!
    It's all well and good selling your soul, but don't steal someone else's to sell!!!!! (As Terry Pratchett said "Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.")

Just found that someone called Denise Alelly won a Facebook competition in March using that exact quote. Looks like I'll need to reclaim it!
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    Options
    pate-ci0 wrote: »
    Oy, that's mine from ages ago (apart from the "So I need this b4 this happens ����#win.. thanks Andrew" bit)!!!!
    It's all well and good selling your soul, but don't steal someone else's to sell!!!!! (As Terry Pratchett said "Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.")

Just found that someone called Denise Alelly won a Facebook competition in March using that exact quote. Looks like I'll need to reclaim it!

Tis bad craic indeed when folks have to steal anothers sob story to win :eek:
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • serenity2012
    serenity2012 Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hdh74 wrote: »
    We're now getting pics of the seven - just in case we haven't got the message she's got 7 kids...
    https://www.facebook.com/Poundstretcher/photos/a.166754803353078.43798.166751006686791/1718496848178858/?type=3&theater

She is the most annoying person on fb. I know exactly who you mean. People have called her out on it and she gets her family to send vile messages. She's a total moron.
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff :)
    :beer::beer::)
  • JesElis
    JesElis Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    hdh74 wrote: »
    We're now getting pics of the seven - just in case we haven't got the message she's got 7 kids...
    https://www.facebook.com/Poundstretcher/photos/a.166754803353078.43798.166751006686791/1718496848178858/?type=3&theater

The comp entry requirement was to simply like & post #win, if she's posting anything other than that it might just indicate why she has so many kids... maybe she cannot understand the basic directions on the contraception box either :silenced: Oops I'm thinking aloud with my keyboard again :o;)
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They ought to disqualify entries that don't comply with the directions.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gigervamp wrote: »
    They ought to disqualify entries that don't comply with the directions.

A few of us think that, and I have seen a few comps where they have said that they will disqualify anybody who doesn't comply.
    Doesn't stop people trying it on though. I've even seen people win comps (saw it last year on Twitter) where all that is required is that you only answer a question, and they still put down the sob story, forget to answer the question and still win.
    That's why, especially when it comes to FB, I'd prefer it if they just had an entry form and pick a winner from that.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2017 at 9:28PM
    Options
    dontone wrote: »
    A few of us think that, and I have seen a few comps where they have said that they will disqualify anybody who doesn't comply.
    Doesn't stop people trying it on though. I've even seen people win comps (saw it last year on Twitter) where all that is required is that you only answer a question, and they still put down the sob story, forget to answer the question and still win.
    That's why, especially when it comes to FB, I'd prefer it if they just had an entry form and pick a winner from that.
    Be Lucky.

Even with the forms, it doesn't stop the sob stories. I remember a radio networks advent comp, it was a form to "win Christmas" but that didn't stop people posting about this being their granddads last Christmas because of cancer or how this is their fist Christmas in their own home ect.
    2018 wins-12wins
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport