Chevrolet in the UK - any issues?

Considering a bargain basement Chevrolet like a Lacetti or Kalos (or the newer one whateevr its called).
As there are no longer main dealers, does this create a problem for things such as spare keys, body panels? Anyone own one who can answer this?
Also do you know who makes the engines; they look like Vauxhall/GM engines to me is that correct and are parts interchangeable?

Comments

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Chevrolet is a GM brand as was Opel/Vauxhaull until they were recently sold. Chevy cars in the UK are basically rebadged Vauxhall/Opel cars.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    wongataa wrote: »
    Chevrolet is a GM brand as was Opel/Vauxhaull until they were recently sold. Chevy cars in the UK are basically rebadged Vauxhall/Opel cars.

Vauxhall/Opel are still GM. The sale hasn't gone throughyet.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    wongataa wrote: »
    Apart from the ones which are rebadged Daewoos.... like the Lacetti and the Kalos. It's the later cars like the Cruze which are on a common GM platform - related to the Astra.

However, if you go back to the 80s cars like the Daewoo Nexia - these were built by Daewoo as rebadged or lightly re-modelled obsolete GM designs. So it's come full cycle in a way....
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • You won't have a problem, I can still get parts for my exceedingly ancient Daewoo
  • Head_The_Ball
    Head_The_Ball Posts: 4,067 Forumite
    Your worst problem will be that people will think you are a Man United supporter. :eek:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Some Vauxhall main dealers are authorised service/parts agents for Chevrolet. Well they were last year when my sister was sourcing a wipe arm for a 06 Matiz.

Shouldn't have any problems tracking parts down for years to come.
  • Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I bought a 2014 Orlando VCDi for £12k brand new. Only issue has been the alloys which delaminated last year, Chevrolet replaced them FOC. Other than that its been OK. An astra engine, gearbox, brakes, suspension, switchgear, steering wheel, seats, keys, pedals etc etc etc.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure