Comments

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 June 2017 at 2:45AM
    Options
    Today (saturday's) menu:

Breakfast: bacon,eggs,tomato,onion,baked beans,spinach

Snack (because 10yo insisted on getting me a snack with a cup of tea she was making me :rotfl:) chocolate rice cakes (3.5 syns)

Snack: yoghurt (free)

For tea,I was hosting a meal for a few friends:
    vegetable tangine (butternut squash,onion,red pepper,tinned tomatoes,garlic),served with rice and naan bread (guess about 15 syns)

For dessert,I made cheesecake-stuffed strawberries,and they were lovely.Probably about 8 syns worth (original recipe called for stuffing the strawberries with the cheesecake mixture,but I couldn't be doing with all that,so I just laid out strawberries,cheesecake mixture and digestives crushed,so everyone could assemble their own.It meant that I probably used more than the 1 syns for 6 strawberries that recipe suggested)

Had a couple of thin ginger-flavoured wafer biscuits.No idea what type of biscuits they were,or syns.

It is amazing how our habits change,isn't it?A group of friends and I take turns to host a meal about every 4-6 weeks.Every meal I go to,I would bring a couple of desserts,or a couple of different types of chocolates to share (because I couldn't decide icon_rolleyes.gif).Compare this to...........

tonight,I had spent about 3 days planning a vegetarian,low-syn meal and assortment of desserts (apart from the strawberries,I had also laid out coconut meringues(7.5 syns for a packet of 20),Mikado sticks,and oreo thins (can't remember syns,but low-ish for a choc fix).

Had about 4 large glasses of water,and only 2 cups of tea,so haven't had much of my HEA allowance.Also didn't have a HEB today.

Brisk walk for just over 80 minutes (got no car this weekend,and had to walk daughter to a friend's house for a sleepover).

EDIT: just realised tonic water has syns!!One of my guests tonight offered me a 150ml tin of tonic water.Despite the fact that I never drink it,I accepted,not thinking about the syns because I assumed it would be free.Just looked it up now,and that is another syn spent :cool:.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• candyapple_2
    candyapple_2 Posts: 600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 11 June 2017 at 10:12AM
    Options
    Hi everyone

I've been off the radar for a while sort half of doing SW but not really but I've given myself a good talking to and as today as I'm back on the SW wagon :j Jumped on the scales yesterday and I'm a teeny quarter pound off the next scale bracket (upwards :() so not happy with myself at all. My belly and hips are slowly trying to make their way over the waistband of my jeans and I'm feeling totally minging so I need to start embracing SW properly again! I feel like having a mini break from SW was almost worth it if it gets me feeling like this again, I'm all spurred up and ready to go!

beanie - I know just how you're feeling as that's been me for the past 3 weeks, hope you're feeling lots better about things soon

Today's intended food:

B - overnight oats made with lemon greek style yogurts (1 syn) and Tesco breakfast topper (strawbs peach pineapple mango) which I'm hoping is free, some speed in there too

L - I'm out shopping this afternoon but will grab a chicken tikka subway salad with sweet onion sauce (2 syns?), HEXA grated cheese

T - SW fry up of scrambled eggs, bacon, fried potatoes, tomatoes and baked beans

If there's another challenge coming soon I'll be right there with bells on. It's my summer hols in just under 12 weeks time so I need something to focus on!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For dessert,I made cheesecake-stuffed strawberries,and they were lovely.Probably about 8 syns worth (original recipe called for stuffing the strawberries with the cheesecake mixture,but I couldn't be doing with all that,so I just laid out strawberries,cheesecake mixture and digestives crushed,so everyone could assemble their own.

A woman after my own heart! My go to pudding recipe is a DIY Eton Mess. I put out a big bowl of fruit (usually a mix of strawberries and raspberries), a bowl of mini meringues (1 syn each) and a jug each of cream and free Greek yogurt.
    EDIT: just realised tonic water has syns!!One of my guests tonight offered me a 150ml tin of tonic water.Despite the fact that I never drink it,I accepted,not thinking about the syns because I assumed it would be free.Just looked it up now,and that is another syn spent :cool:.

Shame, because slimline tonic is free.:( The resort I'm going to for my holiday doesn't sell slimline anywhere it's infuriating.

We're eating up fresh bits and pieces today and tomorrow. Hopefully anything I don't use can go in the freezer. I hate wasting food.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, fried egg, tomatoes and mushrooms
    L: chicken salad (tomatoes, lettuce, beetroot) with cottage cheese and a bowl of lentil soup if I'm hungry enough
    D: HB steaks (mushrooms and onions) with SW roast potatoes and carrots, cabbage, red cabbage
    Syns: weekend wine:T

Good to have you back on track candy.:)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all:D
    Well done to everyone that has lost:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    STS for me, amazingly as I've had another bad eating week.
    The weather doesn't help as I'm more motivated when it sunny!!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have had a crazily busy day today.I briefly considered re-arranging my work so I could get everything else I needed,done.But that would have meant working over the weekend:-(.

Breakfast: apple,pear,an apricot

Coffeee with a sugar (1 syn)

No lunch

Tea: lamb chop,roast potato/butternut squash/parsnip,peas,corn,broccoli.Did cook swede for [STRIKE]damn[/STRIKE] ever,but it was still rock-hard when I drained it,so couldn't eat that.
    Mint sauce (2 syns) and gravy (6 syns,I think).

Snack: rice cakes 3.5 syns

HEB: 2 Hifi bars

HEA: about 1/2 my allowance of skimmed milk

Only about 3 glasses of water today :(.Must get back onto drinking plain water.

Saver upper, singing swede is a godsend for us. Cross the bottom with a knife, 15-20 mins in the microwave, turn halfway through, no peeling or chopping and a whole swede gives three decent portions.
  • curl_girl
    Options
    Going to make a quiche and boil some eggs for snacking as i have craved and eaten too many crisps this week.

Will try harder as we have been talking holidays and I can't fit into my summer clothes.

Well done to all the losers.
    You are an inspiration. X
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been a dreadful weekend syns wise.

Sickness has kicked in so have been eating what I can keep down, when I can face it.

My go to the last time I was pregnant was Heinz vegetable soup. 10 syns a tin!

Very little in the way of BM as I've mostly been laying around feeling nauseous. Bleurgh.
  • curl_girl
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    Saver upper, singing swede is a godsend for us. Cross the bottom with a knife, 15-20 mins in the microwave, turn halfway through, no peeling or chopping and a whole swede gives three decent portions.

Thanks this sounds easy.
    I do like swede as well.
  • curl_girl
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    Been a dreadful weekend syns wise.

Sickness has kicked in so have been eating what I can keep down, when I can face it.

My go to the last time I was pregnant was Heinz vegetable soup. 10 syns a tin!

Very little in the way of BM as I've mostly been laying around feeling nauseous. Bleurgh.

It shouldn't last long Top Girl then you will be back to normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure