Wages payment into Lloyds TSB Account

Hi all :)

Quick question, I have changed my bank account from Natwest to Lloyds TSB and this is the first month my wages are due to be paid to new account. I am due to be paid on the 21st November (Monday) and just wondered when this will clear in my account? The reason I ask is that Natwest used to clear the funds on Saturday morning when payment was due on the Monday - am just wondering if this will happen with TSB?

Many thanks,

Jovi x

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No it won't.
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    But - nor will they pinch DDs, due out on the Mon, from your account on the Fri night!
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Mikeyorks wrote: »
    But - nor will they pinch DDs, due out on the Mon, from your account on the Fri night!

Six of one and all that
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Exactly.

Thought I'd impart a bit of good news to go with Lokolo's snappy response! ;)
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    OP : I'm interested to know why you decided to change from NatWest to Lloyds TSB if you do not know the differences in how the two banks operate ?

Shouldn't this type of thing have been part of your research before making the switch not after.
  • OK, thanks, it's no big deal either way was just curious :)

BAA1: As to why I switched, I had a basic bank account with the Natwest, have never had overdraft facilities etc. They upgraded me recently to a basic silver account and wanted me to pay £8.00 per month to use any cash machine. As I refused to do this, I switched banks. My new account with TSB is a current account (still no overdraft as I don't want one) where I can use it FOC from any cashpoint. As I said above, it's no big deal if the money clears on Monday - that's when I am due to be paid anyway. When weighing up the accounts on offer, I did do my research however, whether money cleared before it's due date was not a major concern.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure