Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors

Comments

• keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks

Radio 4 though!
  • We act for Mr Nasir Ilyas. Mr Nasir Ilyas was a former member of Wolstenholmes LLP. He was not a director or member of the practice at the time the Law Society sought to close the practice. We are presently advising Mr Ilyas in respect of his legal remedies against the Solicitors Regulation Authority and against the owners of Wolstenholmes LLP at the time of the Law society’s Intervention. Mr Ilyas denies any wrongdoing or dishonesty. We are also advising Mr Ilyas in respect of all false and libellous comments which are being made against him on this forum

Murdochs Solicitors
    45 High St
    Wanstead
    London
    E11 2AA
  • cakinwande
    cakinwande Posts: 148 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2010 at 1:13PM
    Thanks for that. I was interested to know if they were paying estate agents and mortgage brokers for referrals and, if so, on what terms?

From what I've read in this thread and online over the past 9 months is that estate agents used to have a good relationship wtih WH, obviously before they started to go corrupt! Other than that I am lead to believe that most people found WH online and thought they had a good reputation and that business on bgun to thrive for WH due to the stamp duty holiday. Talk about taking a money making advantage of a situation

http://www.1888pressrelease.com/stamp-duty-holiday-puts-conveyancing-solicitors-in-demand-pr-159971.html
  • did anyone hear the interview? I missed the link so did not - can you give a run down of what the SRA had to say about it please
  • cakinwande
    cakinwande Posts: 148 Forumite
    did anyone hear the interview? I missed the link so did not - can you give a run down of what the SRA had to say about it please

Its on NOW!!! BBC Radio 4
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Just heard the piece on radio

Not really revealing any more than we know already

In particular the SRA man was not quizzed on why it took so long - on contrary he made the SRA sound like the heros!!

B******d lawyers!!
  • nope still missed it :mad: iplayer would not load quickly enough - looks like you and yours gets put on iplayer later in the day though so I should be able to pick it up then - thanks
  • keiran wrote: »
    Just heard the piece on radio

Not really revealing any more than we know already

In particular the SRA man was not quizzed on why it took so long - on contrary he made the SRA sound like the heros!!

B******d lawyers!!

present company excepted I hope - not all of us are tarred with the same brush!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure