Wedding Tips start here...

Comments

• jiblets1
    jiblets1 Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    newcook wrote:
    I would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who voted for Tony & Amanda - they have been more than touched by everyones thoughts to say the least!!! I have just spoken with (a very jittery!) Tony - they will not know until this evening if they have won so I will have to get them to join the website to post how they got on as I use works computer...!
    from what I can gather, the competition website was that inundated with people voting it couldnt cope and kept having problems!!!!! once again, thank you to everyone who voted and fingers crossed they win :beer:

WELL??????????
    Am not witty enough to put something cool and informative here:o :o
  • wedding plans going well :j :rotfl:
    date 7/7/07
    in the local baptist church
    got about 30 guests (it a second wedding and want to keep it small)
    venue in an old house built about 1700
    having a sit down meal (not picked what we having yet)
    music sorted
    out of town guests will stay at the venue (the rooms are lovely)
    car not no if i am having one or using a friends
    ordered my wedding dress and bridemaids
    got shoes for me and bridemaids
    made ring pillow
    need to get page boy clothes
    hair dresser sorted and hair things
    save the date cards sent out
    got favors
    not know what i want to do about flowers so any ideas welcome
    no i want fresh flowers just not no what sort handtied or something else
  • paul2468
    paul2468 Posts: 845 Forumite
    good tip for the wedding night................to save money on expensive ribbed condoms, just slip some frozen peas into the condom....and hey presto...a ribbed condom at half the price.
  • ems2
    ems2 Posts: 665 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mentat wrote:
    Hi, my fiance and I are getting married in September next year and have the cars, venue (inc dj food, etc) and cake already booked. We've used local companies as we prefer to help local businesses.

Where we are trying to save a little here and there is on the invites. my fiance and a friend of hers are going to make the cards, but what we want is card pockets to put the invite in and then send it all in an envelope - like here:

http://www.theweddingstudio.info/product.asp?product_id=3

We want the pocket to be in a sort of cornflour blue colour, but can't find anyone who sells these pockets anywhere.

Anyone have any idea?

we made our invitations and had big problems finding envelopes that a) fitted the invitaions and b) weren't ugly, evenually found them in one of those discount book stores in a set of card and envelopes for £1 for twenty, have a look for sets of things like this in pound stores/discount book stores because you might find your pockets as part of a set...
  • Emms
    Emms Posts: 956 Forumite
    mentat wrote:
    Hi, my fiance and I are getting married in September next year and have the cars, venue (inc dj food, etc) and cake already booked. We've used local companies as we prefer to help local businesses.

Where we are trying to save a little here and there is on the invites. my fiance and a friend of hers are going to make the cards, but what we want is card pockets to put the invite in and then send it all in an envelope - like here:

http://www.theweddingstudio.info/product.asp?product_id=3

We want the pocket to be in a sort of cornflour blue colour, but can't find anyone who sells these pockets anywhere.

Anyone have any idea?

You could make pockets like that really easily. You could just use the same card that your making the invites with and then everything would match perfectly.

Im making our invites and Ive just decided to make the favour boxes too from the same card. I was going to buy them from ebay but ive got a mountain of card here that someone borrowed from their work for me so I might aswell make use of it.

Im getting the envelopes from an art shop. Ive found ones that I really like that are 30p each but The Paper Mill Shop ( There at various outlet shopping centres across the UK and in the process of making an online shop too http://www.thepapermillshop.co.uk/) sells the same size envelopes for 10p so I just need to find a similar colour now and they will do perfect.

Emma :)
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    newcook wrote:
    I would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who voted for Tony & Amanda - they have been more than touched by everyones thoughts to say the least!!! I have just spoken with (a very jittery!) Tony - they will not know until this evening if they have won so I will have to get them to join the website to post how they got on as I use works computer...!
    from what I can gather, the competition website was that inundated with people voting it couldnt cope and kept having problems!!!!! once again, thank you to everyone who voted and fingers crossed they win :beer:

Well, they got the results Friday evening but didnt win - they came 2nd. they lost by approx 100 votes. Thanks again to everyone who voted
  • scotgirl
    scotgirl Posts: 805 Forumite
    newcook wrote:
    Well, they got the results Friday evening but didnt win - they came 2nd. they lost by approx 100 votes. Thanks again to everyone who voted

Such a shame that they were so close but send them onto this websit so they can stil have the wedding of their dreams at a reduced price! :money:
    The Best Things in Life Are Free
  • tifnstav
    tifnstav Posts: 441 Forumite
    paul2468 wrote:
    good tip for the wedding night................to save money on expensive ribbed condoms, just slip some frozen peas into the condom....and hey presto...a ribbed condom at half the price.

That is saucy!
  • Hello, My goodness this is one massive forum, and this thread will take a week to get threw, LOL, a friend of mine here in Bulgaria in coversation was talking about Martin Lewis and i had remembered seeing him on this morning show some years ago and my friend then was saying the fun that she has and the money she saves with this forum,
    I live in Bulgaria now for Four years and i wish that i had done it years ago, i do love it so, My business is wedding dresses and evening Gowns Mother of the bride and Groom suits,
    After reading the rules of the site i would not like to advertise myself in text here but i would like to look on your good nature and ask a question,

Q, My prices for a new tailor made dress are very low? but i would like to do more for my clients, for a money saver client besides lowering the prices how could i help more,

you see i find that not many people have the money for the million pound dresses and Im not interested in them, i have a small profit but the turn over is good, hope you are able to give some feed back to my question

PS, i could not find a welcome to Newbie thread?
    My Aim Is To Give The Best Quality Wedding Dresses And Evening Gown To The World At A Price That Can Not Be Matched, But Not Selling Here
  • My second ever post!

In the Eagle Centre indoor market in Derby there is a magazine stall that sells a bit out of date magazines for £1 each.

I got May/June 06 You and Your Wedding
    June/July 06 Cosmopolitan Bride
    and September/October 06 Brides

£3 for all magazines, cover price is £3.49, £4.50 and £4.50! would have been £12.50 in total!

What a bargain! if you are anything like me then you only cut 3 or 4 things out of each mag and recycle the rest!

Have a look when you are passing,

Jemma :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family