Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    The sun is trying to break through the overhanging grey clouds that are blocking my vision of a blue sky. Be gone greyness and let the sunlight shine :cool: :D

I'm up a tad later than I wanted but what the heck, nothing is spoiling today :rotfl: :rotfl:

I had a phone call yesterday about 3.30pm from Mr A. My receipts had been reprinted by the lovely lady that i had to give them to for save keeping. So kind of her to do them as its not her job, thank you Very much.

Another catchup from over night or early this morning so I'd better get s move on.

Snap, safe journey down to mum and dads xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • in case it aint been mentioned muller light peanut and caramel does not appear on apg xxx
    We are many we are one xxx

So that every single post that I contribute to this thread is on topic I would just like to say I am an elite 11+ member and I hear the unjust silence of my opinions whilst I am shopping in supermarkets mainly. Just sayin.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    aallank wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the ripple/mars/snicker chocs against S on APG, I just wondered if anyone knows whether it will pick up yet please?

what size snickers, as there is a 9 pack in s and a 10 pack in asda so that wont compare,and larger bars in s
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2016 at 11:24AM
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Did LEJC finish her bathroom? ;)

I was there until 8 last night and have dismantled the shower screen and cleaned that...the taps on the bath and some of the tiling...HG mould spray has been my friend....I looked at the toilet and TBH today I think I'm just going out to buy a new toilet seat...I cant even go there with industrial gloves!

OH is going to cut out all the sealant around the bath and just replace....under the dirt of the flooring we have discovered 4 cracked tiles...and as yet are undecided about how to tackle that one...the bathroom is only 3 years old but was redone by the previous owner and we have no spare tiles....its a style that wont match easily and so I think it will end up as a wear and tear issue that will just have to be lived with going forward.

Hopefully today I can tackle the sink and undercupboard...then it might be in a position to clean.

In the 3 years that we have been letting this is the first set off tenants that we have had a problem with so I guess we just need to be realistic...it happens.

I too subscribe to the phrase that VT used last night of "my property....your home" but occasionally there are those around who will just use it as a hotel and expect the maid to clean on vacation.
    These tenants literally picked up their furniture and left....switched of the fridge probably about a week ago and left the contents to rot,along with food in the oven and piles of dirty pots and dishes in the kitchen....
    We are slowly reclaiming the interior....but it will be a few more days of cleaning,painting and then carpet cleaning before we can move on

but enough of that....Good morning all

It's a roast for tea tonight...a small beef roasting joint I found reduced last week with some veg and I possibly need some potatoes that all...and there should be enough left over for a curry tomorrow...
    onwards to the day in hand....hope it's a good one
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • aallank
    aallank Posts: 2,254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    zippydooda wrote: »
    what size snickers, as there is a 9 pack in s and a 10 pack in asda so that wont compare

Thank you, that's me not checking properly.... the ripple/mars/bounty/twix I think?
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :)

Weather here is decidedly Autumnal :(

Off soon down South.

Please tweets can you step in for the next few days on QUIZ?
    as unsure when I can get on my laptop at Parents :A

May or may not be Wimborne bound tomorrow, depends on whether my DS's OH wants to stay behind to house sit or I get the job :o
    Hoping I get to go ;)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    aau1 wrote: »
    I've got a total of 60,000 points across £60 petrol spend this morning. All 500s or 2,000s

:money:

Can't see how that's possible to get 60,000 on 6 x £10 spends when the vouchers given out are 2000. Even if they were all 2000 points that would only return 12,000 for a £60 spend. Or am I missing something?
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 October 2016 at 10:43AM
    [SIZE=+1]hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:):)

26 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Friday): *** FunTrivia Mixed Bag

fm1hrk.jpg

[/SIZE]
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning everyone.

Sat in dentist, got a sore gum and as going away Nxt Friday just wanted to make sure it's ok.
  • bcw123
    bcw123 Posts: 980 Forumite
    Hi what is the deal re sainsburys points tried looking back but must have missed it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure