PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    Yuck the the clowns thing - what are these people thinking of?
    It's the latest "excuse" to act like thugs, :mad::mad::mad:
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find clowns totally creepy, quite apart from this latest bout of stupidity? :(

Jazee glad LittleyDog's feeling a bit better; I'll keep the healing coming for her. x

Welcome Cheeky Girrrl :wave:

I fear the Wolf is sofa-bound this week; I'm getting horrid, horrid withdrawal symptoms having stopped taking the Gaba, and I need to be ok for Friday, as Big Jack Spaniel will be here again.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brace yourself fly peeps, I'm joining in again after many years absence. Looking back last week I used to faithfully complete every list, every week until I went back to work five days and since then I've ignored the mess.

I can't see the floor in here :o

Anyway I'm armed with 50 bin bags and a shiny new timer (£3 in Lidl) and some vague enthusiasm. I draw the line at benny hill though :cool:

I've done the bathroom bits on the list, so that room is already looking better. Thanks Natty for the list.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aww welcome back, hex, good to have you with us again :) remember baby steps!

LR floor here is rather littered with toy cars. They were all over the ground floor, but DD helped him tidy most away. He can do the rest in the morning.

They have started writing lists for the December festival :eek: actually, they are both being very sensible - they have been made aware we don't have £££s to send to the man in red this year, especially if we are buying a hutch and other pet related items.

DD wants a wedding dress, lol, and a reindeer jumper, plus another teddy Guinea pig now she has leant they don't like to live alone. Bless.

DS wants some road signs for the garden :rotfl: and a wooden carrot (for the Guinea pigs). Oh and some sweeties.

Other than that, there isn't a great deal these kiddies don't already have!

Today I've mostly sorted laundry, cleaned downstairs bathroom and my office but not upstairs bathrooms :o and I watched a film. Not entirely productive but there you go. Oh, I also de-carped the dining room. Was a bit of a dumping ground. Passed on some clothes to mum for her wee foster-girl and said no thanks to MIL who text asking did we want school she's for DD - 2.5 sizes to big <sigh>. Need to have a chat with her tomorrow about crimbo too. Hopefully we can rein in the volume somewhat...

Tomorrow I need diesel and to lift down my small case for my weekend away.

Called hospital today as we still haven't had new appointment letter - yikes we are not on their list! Glad I called! Staff nurse is going to call back tomorrow when she's spoken to the consultant hopefully with a plan. Original appointment is cancelled, they have said they are happy to take the cast off but it really needs to be seen by a doctor rather than nursing staff... Oh dear!

Right, I'll go finish washing up the supper bits, then I think I'll try finish my library book.

Cold today!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all, and welcome to the new people and the returnees. It's the lure of this place, we can't keep away..lol

Ds1 was telling me this morning, a friend posted that he was chased by clowns last night in our town they strung a wire up over the end of the train bridge and chased him into it causing him to fall badly off his bike. Thank fully not seriously hurt. But really what complete and utter idiots! He's warned ds2 to be careful coming home from work, but not sure how widespread this daftness is going - so may be worth a mention to people who you know that cycle at night.

Busy all morning so I'll catch up later this afternoon.
    Mrs mp we have had a mugging at knife point this past week, in my town, by these clown people. Plus they have been driving around wearing clown masks.. Whoever started this really needs putting away..it's scary enough as it is walking out there now they are going around in clown masks..makes you wonder what they want to hide.

Had a lovely morning swimming and generally lazing about in the jacuzzi at the spa with my "sister" T..and then a nice trip to the vets with Kiwicat..although many of you will know him as ninjakitten..lol He's got the start of cat cold/flu. So I've just stuck some cat metacam down him.. He didn't like it plus I think he was sulking as I had trapped him in the toilet...lol Just found some sicked up biscuits..he is eating bless him he just can't get them past his throat. It's a bit inflammed. Although I think he is playing upstairs at the moment I can hear him jumping around etc... I know it's him as the other two cats are down here..lol

Not much flying done I'm afraid, have hoovered the house and stuck the shower curtain in the wash with some towels. Oh and washed up..as well as a quick tidy up in the lounge. Naughty me....don't even follow my own lists...lol
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 October 2016 at 8:10PM
    Options
    Poor Kiwi Natty, hope he gets better quickly. I'm surprised my menagerie don't have more colds.

Bossy, that sounds like a reasonable list. I like the wooden carrot idea. Did I read somewhere that you've gone back to college?

I did the last bathroom related thing which was to put the mat in the washing machine. I agree with you re mats Raphael but I bought an IKEA one that's more like a thick towel. Once I am free of the tyranny that is work I'll call in and get another one so I can swap them over.

Lamewolf, clowns frighten me full stop. A hangover from teenage Stephen King reading I think.

:hello: kazwookie!

Mumto5 - good luck with the rota, I'm having limited success with set tasks for the boys. I get bored of moaning and end up doing it myself whilst seething with resentment which is stupid. Something to sort as soon as the time pressure is off.

I'm drawing up a toots list. I miss badges
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back hex - good to have you here xx

Another one who strongly dislikes clowns (or pretty much any mask type thing where I can't see someone's face properly!).

I have not flown today :p I went to work, Rainbows and Mr M and am shattered.

About to head to bed ................
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,143 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to try to join in again this week as it worked really well the ONE week I returned last month :D However, I haven't achieved much so far (I'm still unpacking - I've been away 4 times in 4 weeks and have only just got to the bottom of the first lot of unpacking).

And I need to make myself call the builder. On the plus side someone at Pilates has a number for a boiler engineer she reckons is pretty good, so I can stop chasing up the other one.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,777 Forumite
    Options
    Watching The Slum

I live in a palace.

I have done a washload, pegged it out and DS brought it in. Decluttered 2 bags to CS. 'Accidentally' bought an item but have sold it on (for work).
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Evening all,

No fly zone.

Kids to school
    Paid stuff
    Governors meeting
    Ate food
    Kids to bed
    Run with dog
    Now pooped.

Will do better tomorrow I hope x
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 11 October 2016 at 12:05AM
    Options
    Evening folks and a warm welcome to the new peoples and returners :hello:

Sending loads of gws vibes LW and suggest sofa-surfing for the day - hope all those yucky drugs soon out of your system.

Natty - hope your poorly moggy soon better

I watched The Slum as well Valli. One of my real interests is social history and, even though these programmes are fiction, I find Aunty beeb does well with inserting some interesting facts. I do wonder about the political flavour of this though - they are talking about all these hundreds of immigrants ??? Maybe I'm just being cynical.

Today I did the dailies. Now taking a bit longer as the windows all need wiping due to the condensation every morning.
    Did Spanish lessons.
    Made my three lbs of beef mince and veg into Chilli.
    Cooked the remaining three lbs of mince and froze for later.
    Trimmed and cut up about two lbs of lean beef and made a casserole for the slow-cooker.
    Did all the washing up, including horrible greasy stuff, DUPA
    Wiped over all the bunkers and cooker. Cleaned sink and floor.

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom..
    Extra mission:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    Pull out the pc and desk and clear under and behind it

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    Vacuum floors in bedroom
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extra tasks list:
    Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    Clean out that airing cupboard!!!!!! get rid of those things you don't need.. use dead towels as cleaning cloths etc.. be ruthless!!!! you REALLY don't need that 'thing' you've saved for 10 years.. 'just in case'

Lots of hugs, sticks and spoons if you need some
    Hope you all have a super Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories