iSoftStone

Comments

271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    extraJam wrote: »
    Agreed about iSS v ABH. The level of stress can't even be compared and when the weeks of SLR are taken account of, income stability was worse for me with them.

Yeah, I was looking into this actually. Even though my monthly payment with iSS is lower than it was at its peak with ABH, averaged out it is higher, and because it's always more or less the same, there is a greater deal of stability.

Would be great though if work lasted all week, or at least until Friday, but maybe this other project might remedy this, depending on what it is.
  • extraJam
    extraJam Posts: 157 Forumite
    Looks like it is crowdsourcing after all. Going to try it out I think. Haven't done this before so no idea if this will be a decent boost or not!
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    extraJam wrote: »
    Looks like it is crowdsourcing after all. Going to try it out I think. Haven't done this before so no idea if this will be a decent boost or not!

Don't think I'm going to bother. Not unless the rest of you say it's good, anyway.. :D Did it with Appen a couple of years ago, and it was practically impossible to even qualify for any of the tasks. Incidentally, I tried logging back into that account yesterday. I got in OK, only there are no HitApps there any more..
    I also think I'll sit it out for now.

I prefer working for an hourly rate, and don't think I'd be that motivated to work on a pay-per-hit basis.

I guess though it depends what the realistic earning potential would be, I have always assumed it'd probably be below minimum wage in reality on a pay-per-hit basis
  • Maktina
    Maktina Posts: 103 Forumite
    I have always assumed it'd probably be below minimum wage in reality on a pay-per-hit basis
    It is - the average is $5-6 per hour for most tasks - WAY below the UK minimum wage. Stay clear where possible.
    Whilst I probably won't take up the opportunity, I'm quite impressed they were proactive in offering it.

I find the contacts to be far better at iSS than any of the other agencies I've dealt with in this line of work. They actually seem like genuinely quite nice people.
  • extraJam
    Maktina wrote: »
    It is - the average is $5-6 per hour for most tasks - WAY below the UK minimum wage. Stay clear where possible.

That sounds about right, just been working flat out on a (low paying) task and that's about the rate I managed. I'll see if the higher $ per hit tasks actually equate to a better hourly rate.
  • Lynnie27
    Lynnie27 Posts: 505 Forumite
    Are there hits available lately for iSoftStone? I have logins for Appen and isoftstone but there's hardly been any work at all recently so I stopped checking. Problem is I have forgotten my login details for isoftstone, can someone pm me an email address for someone at the company that I can ask for those details please?
  • extraJam
    There were a fair number a few days ago, just scraps now though. I haven't seen much variety of tasks so far.
  • Yoshi88
    Yoshi88 Posts: 53 Forumite
    It's Sunday but says for me that there are no Hitapps available :huh::(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family