PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The OS Doorstep - a helpful and supportive thread in these tough times

Comments

• HAPPY CHRISTMAS POPS have a lovely day whatever you choose to do

Candlelight x
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Happy Christmas everyone xxxx
  • happy christmas everyone, i hope the sun is shining (it is here!)
  • MERRY CHRISTMAS Toughies,we were woken this morning at 5 by an almighty crash of thunder followed by a fall of hail that actually gave us a white garden, it hailed again at 7 so definately a white christmas in our part of Hampshire!!!it still hasn't melted completely although now we have sunshine, wonderful stuff the weather, never know what it's going to do next do we? Have yourselves a lovely day, have some time out for yourselves if you can and don't have too many sweeties MAR, oh, alright it is christmas!!!

POPS Merry Christmas, have a good one!!! Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • Merry Christmas to everyone, hope you all have a lovely day. x
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,658
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Merry Christmas all. Back from church and catching breath before launching into seeing friends, rushing back, cooking etc etc. I look forward to collapsing later knowing that I don't have to cook again for - ooh a day!
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Hope you got some sleep Kidcat. She eventually went off at about 11 and was awake again at 5 although she was quite good and we didn't get downstairs until 6. Presents have been demolished and played with (the Furby managed to burp at Grandma on the phone which as you can imagine was almost unbearably hilarious) and we are off to SIL's for Christmas lunch very soon. Hope everyone has a lovely day.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Happy Christmas all

The latest Christmas day start since the girls were little! DD2 woke us at 7.30am.....leisurely pressie opening and a cooked brekkie to get us going. Won't be having our main meal until 6ish so a few hours to while away playing silly games and drinking lots of tea :). My girlies got me a lovely gingerbread man tin (I love gingies) some of my favourite face cream and a candle making set! I've been a lucky girl :)
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • nuttyp
    nuttyp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    MERRY CHRISTAMS EVERYONE I HOPE YOU ARE CELEBRATIG WITH THE ONES YOU LOVE AND ALL THE SPECIAL PEOPLE WE ALL KNOW.

This morning has been so nice, eldest DD and fianc! arrived just after 9. We all had a cooked breakfast with mum too. Present were exchanged, eldest DD was most excited by some moustache coathangers I got her from b&m stores amongst other things.. Youngest DD got a handbag, ted baker which I got ages ago from landofbay. It looks brand new, but as you all know the majority of things I find are bargains. New to us anyhow.

My husband, well what can I say he and my girls have all joined in and us 3 are going for a spa day in January. It was so nice of them, they said I will have a day of just thinking of myself - they are going as they know I couldn't manage going alone. This brought I tear to my eyes.

Mum is feeling better and has gone to be with my brother and his family plus they kids are all littlies.

Everyone, please raise a glass of something with me as I thankyou, everyone for your continued support for anyone who drift along this path. Your support and encouragement make us all feel we are part of one very special 'family'.

god bless everyone x
    :D:D BSC member 137 :D:D

BR 26/10/07 Discharged 09/05/08 !!!

Onwards and upwards - no looking back....
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,946
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Cheers nutty, and everyone.

It is clear that my skill at table football has been seriously hampered by the consumption of just one glass of wine. 5-0 whitewash by DS whereas I thrashed him this morning. It is also clear that neither of us should consider professional darts as a career :p

I have received a lovely bottle of balsamic specially selected at Selfridges by DD, a Christmas dec from DS, both bought me a quilting book, OH got me some earrings, a Bill Bryson book (I love his books) and a White Stuff voucher - my fave shop. Another WS voucher from MiL, oh and assorted other stuff. I feel blessed. And OH is cooking.:T

Have a lovely day everyone reading.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family