Sending jewelry through the post

A friend has set up a successful online jewelry retail business. To date, the products have been relatively low value at under £100 an item

She is now moving upmarket, where the product value could be up to £2,000.

Her concern is around delivering high value products. Parcelforce’s compensation scheme excludes jewelry:
http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/items-we-exclude-compensation

What is the best way to deliver high value products, through an insured delivery mechanism?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,036
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    caronoel wrote: »
    A friend has set up a successful online jewelry retail business. To date, the products have been relatively low value at under £100 an item

She is now moving upmarket, where the product value could be up to £2,000.

Her concern is around delivering high value products. Parcelforce’s compensation scheme excludes jewelry:
    http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/items-we-exclude-compensation

What is the best way to deliver high value products, through an insured delivery mechanism?

Royal Mail special delivery with additional insurance comes to mind.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • caronoel
    caronoel Posts: 908
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    soolin wrote: »
    Royal Mail special delivery with additional insurance comes to mind.

Cool - thanks for that

What sort of additional insurance? Who are the providers?
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    They do - it simply enhances the standard amount of compensation with a higher premium.
  • caronoel
    caronoel Posts: 908
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Thanks both for that - very helpful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts