Magnet v Howden kitchens

Comments

• KTJ_2
    KTJ_2 Posts: 68 Forumite
    can anyone post a link to where I can see the Howden units they have for sale?
  • http://www.howdens.com/

The link only takes me to a landing page. It may have something to do with the impending sale of MFI. Try it, it may work for you.
  • KTJ_2
    KTJ_2 Posts: 68 Forumite
    no, doesnt work.

Do howdens sell MFI units? If so I can just go to the MFI website
  • They are essentially the same, just different names in the book:rolleyes:
  • tobyjug
    tobyjug Posts: 291 Forumite
    i bought my kitchen from Howdens via our fitter about 4 years ago.The only thing I didn't like was that when I bought mine they didn't have the range of sized units that Magnet had so we had to compromise heavily but hte cost even with magnets trade discount was considerably lower.
  • spamberler
    spamberler Posts: 622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Don't have experience of both but other readers may be interested to know I didn't have any problems opening a Howdens account in my local town, and paying for a kitchen ordered/delivered on that account in a different town.

The resulting fitted kitchen turned out fine and the inevitable minor problems were resolved without hassle. I'd be happy to use them again.

Im interested in getting an account with howdens. Do you have to be a builder or a joiner?
    A dAy WiThOuT wInE iS lIkE a DaY wItHoUt SuNsHiNe
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    just tell them you are renovating a house yourself(which you are, sort of) and intend to do it to a few more in future and they should give you the application form,
  • I just called and they are posting me an application!! :j

They even said that they are doing further discounts in october! :beer:
    A dAy WiThOuT wInE iS lIkE a DaY wItHoUt SuNsHiNe
  • Magnet Kitchens took more than 5 weeks to botch my kitchen completely. They take all of your money up front (more fool me for paying) so you have nowhere to go on that front. Some of the defects were fixed and others botched so cause ongoing problems. The kitchen units are fine - it was the installation that was the problem e.g. Forgot to plumb in the fridge so all had to be taken apart again, forgot to put power to the cookerhood, washing machine plumbed in to the hot tap so my delicates were boiled etc etc. COWBOYS SO BEWARE! Also they are very expensive even after their so called sale prices.
  • I used a website to purchase my Kitchen.They only supply but you can then get a local fitter (ask for references and follow up)
    They only supply Magnet Kitchens and their prices were fantastic.We saved nearly £800 on our kitchen units on a like for like basis
    Make sure you ask for their current deals.We received an Oven which was low spec but we sold it on eBay for £84 amazonkitchens .co .uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure