barclaycard approval process

2»

Comments

• MoneyWasting_Expert
    MoneyWasting_Expert Posts: 215 Forumite
    edited 8 August 2011 at 7:11PM
    Reading posts like these just make feel really blessed that I have two Barclaycards now used and paid in full. There the only two accounts that were not defaulted on yet I would have no hope in hell of being accepted for these products right now.

Added note and sorry to hijack the thread, I shoudl of posted this in debt free forums, but this is the first period in my life throughout my 20's (now 29) that I have not been charged interest on borrowing. CC paid off just 2 creditors to knock out (dont charge me interest) and debt free :)
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    spriggit82 wrote: »
    i would have been completely stuck if i didnt have my card as i use my car for work and cant afford to get another one yet

This should be screaming out to you and clanging enourmous bells in the back of your mind...

If this is the case, you're still living beyond your means. That is exactly what gets people into IVAs and Bankruptcies in the first place.

Since I was discharged from bankruptcy there were no circumstances or eventialities I couldn't have handled without a credit card - not because of income; I've found myself in and out of contract work for the last few years, I'm starting my first permanent job in 3+ years on September 17th.

It's because I adjusted my lifestyle to remain within my means.

Methinks you haven't quite got there yet. Keep aiming, or you'll be calling an IP again in a couple of years...
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • izools wrote: »
    This should be screaming out to you and clanging enourmous bells in the back of your mind...

If this is the case, you're still living beyond your means. That is exactly what gets people into IVAs and Bankruptcies in the first place.

Since I was discharged from bankruptcy there were no circumstances or eventialities I couldn't have handled without a credit card - not because of income; I've found myself in and out of contract work for the last few years, I'm starting my first permanent job in 3+ years on September 17th.

Methinks you haven't quite got there yet. Keep aiming, or you'll be calling an IP again in a couple of years...

Congrats on the new job:T
  • spriggit82
    spriggit82 Posts: 25 Forumite
    izools wrote: »

i dont think that this is the case at all. my rent has risen since i had my iva so i dont have as much free income that i would have done, i work in the middle of nowhere and need my car to travel to and from work, and the reason i cant afford a new one at the moment is because i dont have the cash to buy one - i would not get it on credit! i do live within my means and just so happened to have an incident with my car which i needed it fixed asap. i budget every month and my only debt is my vanquis card which the only reason i applied for the barclaycard was for the 0% interest to pay off my debt quicker. if i get declined i will pay the vanquis one off over a slightly longer period and be done with it. the only reason i got the card was to build up my credit rating.

yes i have learnt my lesson and have spent the last 5 years paying off 75% of my debt that i had and it was hard.I will never go down that road again.

im sorry if i sound angry but please dont judge me on this one thing. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure