IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Should I pay..Civil Enforcement Ltd?

Comments

• Bowling_4_Gold
    Bowling_4_Gold Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    helenbn17 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone update me as to what has happened to people who have ignored PCN's issued to them from Civil Enforcement Ltd.

I received a ticket in the post this morning for parking my coach in a car park and boss is concerned because we are a company and not an individual.

Is it still right to ignore them and can anyone update me to what happens ?

Thank you inadvance.

Helen

Yes, just ignore them.

Look at it this way - is it really worth their while taking you to court over £50 or whatever, when they have to hire a lawyer, a solicitor etc and have no leg to stand on?

File the letters away somewhere and forget about it.
    The quickest way to become a millionaire is start off as a billionaire and go into the airline business.
    Richard Branson
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just make sure your boss understands that the driver does not wish the registered keeper to pay this invoice for him/her. Some companies don't have the bottle to keep ignoring the bits of paper they get from a ppc, also remember --the more you contact them the longer they will chase you.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Bean_Counter
    Bean_Counter Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Further to my previous post, the last we heard was a legal letter from CCS Collect at the end of November. Not heard anything since.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi I should of updated ages ago but Id actually forgotton all about the ticket until another MSE'er got in touch. I havent heard anything from this company again apart form the intial 'ticket' that they sent me saying I had 14 days etc. I sent no money, but expected follow ups, but as I said Ive received nothing from them. My advice is definently to ignore them. As I said on the previous page my boyfriends friend is a police detective and had been with him on several occasions when parking at the Parkhead forge when the footballs on. Them and several others all received tickets from similar companies, but police officer told him just to ignore it as they would never take it any further, and they never did. hth
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    Thanks for that Nic - good to know
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • I have finally had my so called charges for parking dropped by Civil Enforcement Ltd.

I parked in as upermarket car park and stayed for about an hour. I then left to go to another shopping centre for about 1.5 hours and then had to return to the original supermarket.

Civil Enforcement had me down as parking in the supermarket for over 4 hours continuous and tried to charge me £120 or £60 if I paid now. They say they had me on film.

I tried to ring them to explain the situation but nobody ever answered the phone.

Fortunately the shopping centre had me on film arriving and leaving their premises so for £10 I got the photos.

I sent them to Civil Enforcement with a demand to have the charge taken off and my £10 refunded.

Guess what? I got another letter saying it was now £120 and then the bailiffs.

I rang the AA and they were no use and told me that these companies do single some people out and take it to the limit and that they could do it to me and take my car. By this time I was getting worried. The CAB were just as useless too.

In desperation I rang the original supermarket and told them and they gave me the name and number of Rebecca Lines on 08709198000 Ext 1050.

I rang her and after about 5 mins of waiting she confirmed my charge had been dropped.

My letter confirming this arrived today, but no £10 refunded!

Hope this may help.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Your first mistake was contacting them in the first place. This has cost you £10 plus phone calls and your time. Totally ignoring them would have been much cheaper. :money:

I would have pursued any complaint purely with the retailer, preferably in the shop in front of other customers so that they could hear how you were being harrassed by their contractor.
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    I would not recommend that anyone pays 10 pounds to one of these companies for a meaningless photograph. That still puts them into profit.
  • darich
    darich Posts: 2,145 Forumite
    Coblcris wrote: »
    I would not recommend that anyone pays 10 pounds to one of these companies for a meaningless photograph. That still puts them into profit.

I read it that she paid £10 to the shopping centre for the photos and presented them as evidence of arrival and departure times at the car park.Then the £10 charge to the shopping centre was claimed back from the parking company (albeit unsuccessfully)

Keen photographer with sales in the UK and abroad.
    Willing to offer advice on camera equipment and photography if i can!
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    I stand corrected. My thanks.

I still would not pay for meaningless photographs.
    Plus we do not know if the camera was in fact operated by the parking company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure