RevitaDerm, Revitol, Perfect Radiance?

Comments

• sassycarole
    sassycarole Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 4 January 2012 at 3:26PM
    I was another mug who thought I would be receiving sample sizes and could then decide whether I wanted to buy full sized ones. I received full sizes of both products and TEN days later my bank account had £74.95p taken out by the AntiRides company. I was so angry, I went back to webpage where I ordered the sample sizes and read T&C's at bottom of page where it stated I had 12 days to try this product but included in that 12 days was the time it took for it to get to me! I phoned the number given and spoke to someone who could barely speak English. I went totally ballistic and threatened that I would take it Trading standards. He finally gave me cancellation numbers for each product, and promised I would be refunded in full and I didn't have to send the remainder of product back to them. I guess I was one of the lucky ones as I also received confirmation emails with cancellation numbers in, and also stating my account would be refunded.
    I have learned a mighty big lesson.....................if it seems too good to be true, it probably is! :-)
    I finally received my £74.95p back into my account about a week after phoning them.
  • crr
    crr Posts: 1 Newbie
    Firstly:

My mum signed up for one of these offers for £2.95. I phoned to cancel (Got through first time to a man with broken English who eventually took my details and said he'd cancel things.)
    I got a cancellation code of 5 characters from him.

I also e-mailed and this morning received a reply that the account is cancelled and is no longer active with them.

My mum went to the local bank (ASB) and asked to cancel her debit card.

The bank said that 1) She couldn't cancel her card because she'd signed up to the T&Cs.
    and
    2) even if the card was cancelled the bank would still have her payment details.

They said the only way for them to cancel the card was to close the account.

Rather than being aware of a scam company and offering to help their customers the bank seem unwilling to acknowledge the shady business practices and really don't seem to have the attitude I'd hoped for.

What do I do now? Should we report the card as stolen? Will that make a difference?

My mum only signed up to this thing yesterday and nothing has been taken from the account yet but it is a lot of money to us right now.

Secondly/ unrelated with my specific query:
    odiggerdotcomlink
    Your link to odigger (I can't quote your link in full because I am a new user) was instantly blocked by ESET Smart Security, their advertisements appear to have some sort of spyware. Are you aware of that?
  • I've read the accounts of this scam with dismay. I can see how people have been sucked in. But there are warning signs hidden in the cleverly worded blurb if you read it carefully. Although the spelling has been mostly 'un-Americanised', the words and phrases are still American.
    Alarm bells rang for me as soon as I read that the clever Emily was 'a mum of three in New Malden' because I know that New Malden is where spyware thinks I am based, via my internet connection. Yet all the rest of the blurb used American terms like 'high school' and so on.
    Even more important, the actual photos are far too good to be true. They've clearly been photoshopped!
    The old adage is undoubtedly true; if it looks and sounds too good to be true, it's a scam! The internet is a double-edged sword; it's a great source of revenue for ruthless scammers, but it is also a fount of vast knowledge which enables anyone with a modicum of common sense to do a quick Google to do some checking before committing themselves to buying something that sounds too good to be true....
    Having said all that, there should surely be some way of stopping this scam at source?
  • harpley
    harpley Posts: 6 Forumite
    I have, today, received an e-mail to say my account has been credited with £74.95 so dont give up - keep on at 'em. They must be pretty busy doing refunds methinks. Dont forget we're all in the same boat (as they say). Very thankful I came across this site. X
  • I too fell for this scam and ordered the items on the 22nd Decemeber, dont ask me why but once i received the items, i re reead the advert and panick set in. I have emailed them all several times and have tried ringing but have had no join.

So i have just cancelled my debit card.....but whilst cancelling a payment for £74 had been requested this morning at 7.30!!!!!! My bank told me that this hasnt been ok yet but to ring back tomorrow to see who is requesting the money! They did tell me that if it is a fraudently claim i will get my money back

I feel like a mug being taken in by this scam and yes it is a big inconvenience cancelling my card but at least that way i have peace of mind that they can no longer get my money.

Good luck everyone
  • This is still beimng advertised on facebook as well :-(
  • My bank informed me that once my debit visa card has been cancelled they cannot access my account as they do not have my account number/ details only my card number. So your mum should be ok not sure about a credit card.
  • ljv42
    ljv42 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 4 January 2012 at 10:18PM
    I just spoke to them about this issue, so this is the number to dial from Australia if you're having trouble getting through:

001118558433434 ... BTW: This can handle Perfect Radiance, as well. (non-Aussies: 18558433434)

They (say they) have given me a refund on the second lot of product I've just received and I have to send it back.

BUT the thing that irks me is that I didn't understand the Terms of Service, in that your "free" trial ONLY stays free IF you contact customer support to cancel within 30 days! Otherwise it reverts to its normal price and your credit card is charged accordingly! :(

All the best.
  • it doesnt matter what number i ring they are all not working !! how frustrating is this ! im still waiting for a reply :mad:
  • it doesnt matter what number i ring they are all not working !! how frustrating is this ! im still waiting for a reply :mad:

I had this problem as the numbers given begin +44 808 but you have to call 08081683685 (sorry if you've already tried this) I got through straight away at 10.30 pm. It was really busy during the day.

I checked my bank account today after receiving my new card and no money at all has been taken. I'm so relieved that I acted quickly as soon as I signed up I knew it was dodgy.

Hope you get through soon. Good luck x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport