Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I hate mice so I never actually go in the loft, I just lift the lid and throw them as far as I can in each direction. They have quite a strong bubblegum smell which must attract the mice.

Hope they work for you too. I need to find something that works for moths next.

Congrats on the interview - always exciting.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on the interview.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    hex3 I STILL haven't been up in the loft but your idea of just opening the hatch and lobbing them in is what I shall do. I WILL :o I am such a big scaredy cat sometimes and I don't know why :o

Me today
    I took a friend a present of some hand made matcha white chocolate and a cook book. I find this journey has made my presents better not worse. I think they are more personalised, more thought out. Having more money for me leads to more expensive but less creative gifts :)

I paid a final bill for my old electricity company

I paid £12 on coffees and cakes for myself and a friend. Yesterday I paid for 2 friend’s coffees and it came to £8. Hmmm, I want to be a generous friend but sometimes I rush to pay for everything because I don’t want frugal to mean I am perceived as mean. :o

I’ve been out all day but I did not buy any food. I think eating outside of the home is a trap I fall into and it messes up my budget. But I need to ensure I have a snack with me at all times as I arrived home headache (y) and starving :o

I spilt some water on the table.:eek::eek: I grabbed my laptop but it must have been splashed as it stopped working. It is fine now but it was a heart stopping moment and it wouldn’t have happened if I had been working on a clean, organised table. :mad:Cross with myself

A good day for me out with a friend, walking in nature, talking, lazing about in coffee shops :)

I hope you had a lovely Sunday too.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 April 2017 at 8:36PM
    I always carry a small tub of nuts in my bag, they don't get squashed, don't go off quickly and they are quite filling. Wards off the blood sugar headache.

Lucky on the laptop! I knocked my elderly iPad off my cluttered desk other day and the touch screen seems to be slowing giving up. Cross with myself as I will just have to do without.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    It sounds like you had a lovely weekend :)

I am also pretty bad at being ill prepared, forcing us to eat out of the house. I don't mind making myself wait until I get home and having a couple of hungry hours, but I can't make the kids wait so i do need to be more prepared.

I, too, feel your pain about paying for things when out with friends! I think you should definitely try to strike a balance so if you pay this time, your friend should pay next time etc. Although that's difficult to enforce next time if your friend doesn't immediately offer up!

Glad the laptop is back in working order :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    edited 1 May 2017 at 1:34PM
    I finally ‘maned-up’ attic door opened and mice stuff lobbed in there. Now to wait and see :)

A red Thai curry made, numerous dishes washed, and washing done.

hex3 and JoJo you are right snacks are important so when I go out today I will buy a bag of apples and some raw cashews and divide the nuts into small pots to keep in my bag. I used to always have an apple and nuts and water in my bag. I need to start again.

The jeans I got from B0den are a bit baggy at the tummy so sending back along with a little cardigan purchased a few months ago in the sale it is the colour of heinz tomato soup, a bit orange and not to my liking. I am mega fussy about what I keep as I find the ‘not sure’ purchases end up in the charity shop.

The refunds will be part credit and part refund but that is okay.

I want new purchases to spark joy like some Ochre sandals from MnS that I have tried on and love on my feet. They featured in Vogue and have completely sold out in all the shops. They have a bit of a heel but will be perfect for any events. A friend got me a ticket to the Chelsea Flower Show and I would like to dress up for a change :)

I have a chest cold but I will force myself to walk to MnS to pick up the shoes. I am at the theatre tomorrow. I need some tights and a top to make an existing outfit complete.

I hope your B/H is going well

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    I resisted buying wine today as I am suddenly having a bottle a week or so lately. :eek: I would prefer once a month because of the cost but also because I don’t feel great after alcohol

I have got in the habit of buying whatever fruit and veg is YS in MnS and creating meals from my haul. I got lots of variety and spent £4 for £12 worth of fruit and veggies. I got a beautiful bulb of fennel for 35p so I will make veggie burgers and tomato and fennel and red onion salad tomorrow.

I’m still using cash. I’ve tripped up a few times and used my card but I am so much better than I was before by using cash.

My sandals are gorgeous! :D I am loving them but keeping the box and receipt for a week as I will take them back if I go through my wardrobe without finding outfits that will go well with them. When I go down a size the plan is to treat myself to new jeans. At this rate a smaller size will not be achieved until the winter :o

I am feeling shabby again and want clothes and a facial and a manicure and a haircut and my eyebrows done and all the normal things most women have to keep looking reasonable I guess the feeling will pass :(

Tomorrow I will:

--Do my Tesco deadlock letter prior to ombudsman letter
    --Return B0den items
    --Make a GP appointment
    --Book the handyman to start the bedroom
    --Make a dental hygienist's appointment

Hoping you had a good day :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Can you stretch to a wee haircut?
    A manicure at the college maybe?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I recently got a £3 manicure at a salon school. Was worth every penny.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Thank you INOD and Beanielou for reminding me about beauty treatments at colleges. I have been researching this morning and I sent an email to get some more info on a beauty college nearby. They also have a restaurant for training chefs so I am thinking of making a meal and a beauty treatment a monthly must have with a friend or by myself. :A

Thank you hex3 for giving me mice advice. The loft is silent this morning after buying what you said and doing what you said! It is such a relief :A

The only minus to being debt free in December 2017 is I won't have the support of lovely people like yourselves

Have a good day all

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills