Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lugworm wrote: »
    Any suggestions? Thanks.

Have a look at the thread "Flight Delay Compensation Important Info - Please check before posting"
  • Hi I'm looking for a bit of advise please.

My mum recently flew to Palma and was due to return home today on flight 7424.
    I booked her partner to fly out and surprise her on 25th (booked on the same day, he was flying later that night) and for him to return on the same flight as her 7424.
    Before he had a chance to check in both flights were cancelled and Easyjet processed a refund on my request.
    However my mums flight home (same flight number) was NOT showing as cancelled?! I spoke with 2 people at Easyjey who both advised there was a Technical Glitch with their system and the flight was in fact cancelled! They therefore transferred my mum into the next available flight home Saturday morning. They also agreed to contribute towards hotel and food costs by sending in bills after her return.
    I called them yesterday to confirm her Saturday flight was on schedule and was advised it was. However I was also advised the flight she was due to come home on on Friday was now also scheduled to leave and was no longer cancelled?!?

Sounds strange to me?!

Are either of them entitled to compensation?
    Thankyou so much in advance
  • Rowen
    Rowen Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hello
    I am new to this and I've read your info on flight delays but can't find out if I can claim compensation from Easyjet on a delayed flight as a result of yesterday's strike (25th/26th June) by French air traffic control?

Many thanks
  • Sorry, but I have done that several times but am no wiser, does anybody have any ideas
    Many thanks
  • lolly22
    lolly22 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Hi all, just looking for some advice as our flight was cancelled on Tuesday night in Alicante, due to the air traffic strikes in France. We were due to attend a concert on the Thursday. We only got home on the Friday morning, so missed the concert. The person in our group who booked our flights with easyjet is sorting out the compensation claim. We want to know if there is a way to claim back the money for the concert tickets as we missed it through no fault of our own, and the value of the tickets was near £200. They were purchased with a credit card (not sure if this helps, can't get through to capital one to ask).
    Thanks for any advice on this.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Lugworm wrote: »
    Sorry, but I have done that several times but am no wiser, does anybody have any ideas
    Many thanks

If you've read the FAQs but are still stuck then I suggest you either engage a NWNF lawyer or let it drop. Sorry if that is blunt.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    No. The airline is not responsible for your onward liabilities, I'm afraid. And if your delay was caused by ATC strikes, then you won't be due any compensation - only reimbursement of additional hotel or reasonable food/refreshments.
  • David_e
    lolly22 wrote: »
    We want to know if there is a way to claim back the money for the concert tickets as we missed it through no fault of our own, and the value of the tickets was near £200.

I think Vauban was responding to your question.

The fault lies with French air traffic controllers (and/or their employer) ultimately. On that basis, as Vauban says, you have no chance of compensation in my view.
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lolly22 wrote: »
    Hi all, just looking for some advice as our flight was cancelled on Tuesday night in Alicante, due to the air traffic strikes in France. We were due to attend a concert on the Thursday. We only got home on the Friday morning, so missed the concert. The person in our group who booked our flights with easyjet is sorting out the compensation claim. We want to know if there is a way to claim back the money for the concert tickets as we missed it through no fault of our own, and the value of the tickets was near £200. They were purchased with a credit card (not sure if this helps, can't get through to capital one to ask).
    Thanks for any advice on this.

Yes, your travel insurance should cover this.
    But the airline won't, as others have said.
  • David_e
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    Yes, your travel insurance should cover this.

Would it really cover something consequential like that? Great if it does but I (to my embarrassment) never even considered that it might.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback