Disabled Parking Cardiff (help please)

Anyone cardiff way know the nearest disabled parking to gate 5 of the millennium stadium (train Stn End) for the scotland match on Sunday 12th

Comments

• LOL LOL LOL! I thought I'd do a quick google to see if I could help (always interested in disabled parking as hubbie needs it).

I went here to see if there was a list of parking rates in the city. What a pathetic website as far as disabled people are concerned!!!! :eek: I suggest you ring them on (029) 2087 3131 and share your feelings on the way their website helps disabled people!

In particular, I am vastly entertained that the Cardiff Council page says 'Holders of orange "disabled" badges are eligible to apply for disabled persons' parking bays outside their homes'. They obviously haven't seen a disabled badge for some time - how many years is it since they went blue???? :rolleyes:
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • yes found that site too no info at all thanks any way for looking,would have thought the millennium statium would have given locations on their site but they don't either.here's hoping someone local will know
  • Actually you can just see that there is some disabled parking at the bottom of Westgate Street. If you click on the pathetic little map, it gets larger. And the legend says that a thick blue line means disabled parking. There is one of these at the Wood St end of Westgate Street, if you can walk that far or someone can drop you off :)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Be careful though - don't they close certain roads on match days???
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • thank you all for helping i see there are disabled parking areas on the map now,helps a lot

thanks
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    yes, westgate street would be completly closed off on match days.

there WAS disabled parking on the hayes, but that isnt available anymore due to ongoing construction in the city

the best place i can think of is churchill way, but that is a fair way from the millennium stadium.

perhaps your best bet would be to phone the stadium directly (or perhaps the booking office if you cant get a direct line), and ask them where they would recommend. after all, they would be best to advise about which roads are closed off on match days

HTH
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
    03022242 Posts: 350 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    how about park and ridiing back in to the city centre, some new buses have the facility
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • I am a police officer and i tend not to book cars with the orange badge but there is disabled parking just off st mary street on the road that runs down the side of Howells and ends by Lakelands ....Hope thats helps!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure