TSB Current Account Switch Blagged Deal

Hi guys, we're featuring a new exclusive offer on the site that whilst perhaps not being suitable for everyone, we feel might be a good deal for some of you;
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts#tsbswitch

Free £100 for switching, plus 5% interest (3% from Jan) & up to £5/mth cashback
TSB CLASSIC PLUS*

Until 11 Dec 2016, via our special link, TSB* gives accepted switchers to its Classic Plus account a free £100 (go direct you get nowt). You'll also get 5% cashback on the first £100 of contactless debit card spending a month (so a free fiver each month for most) until Sep 2017, and interest of 5% on balances up to £2,000 - though this drops to 3% from January.

To get the switching bonus, you need to apply for the account by 11 Dec 2016, and fully switch to it using TSB's switching service by 30 December. You'll also need to switch at least two direct debits (which must still be active for at least 28 days after the switch completes), and pay in at least £500 in the first 28 days from switching.

You can find the rest of the need to know information via the above link.

If you have any issues with your switch, call TSB's Switcher Team on 0345 835 7838.

If you're still struggling, you can post on this thread, below, or reach us via direct email on: voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com
MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager

Comments

• Hi I've just opened this account. I am happy to switch a couple of direct debits and add monthly required amount but don't want to close my first direct account as have had it for 14 years. Can I still set up 2 dd and get the 100 cash without closing first direct? The switch service looks like it'll close FD.
  • Looks like a partial switch ok from the brochure info. Answered my own question. :o
  • Jorom wrote: »
    Looks like a partial switch ok from the brochure info. Answered my own question. :o

Hi Jorom,

I think there may have been some misunderstanding as to get the cashback, you are required to maker a full switch, as stated in our guide;

'To get the switching bonus, you need to apply for the account by 11 Dec 2016, and fully switch to it using TSB's switching service by 30 December. You'll also need to switch at least two direct debits (which must still be active for at least 28 days after the switch completes), and pay in at least £500 in the first 28 days from switching.'

Hope this helps,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
  • Hi Ryan,

I want to switch to this account but my current account only has one direct debit. I've arranged a second one but it'll take up to 10 days for it to become active, if I apply for the account before the 11th but wait to complete the switch until after the direct debit becomes active (around the 26th) will I still be eligible for the £100 bonus?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Lewis_H wrote: »
    Hi Ryan,

I want to switch to this account but my current account only has one direct debit. I've arranged a second one but it'll take up to 10 days for it to become active, if I apply for the account before the 11th but wait to complete the switch until after the direct debit becomes active (around the 26th) will I still be eligible for the £100 bonus?
    It's a 7 working day switching service, so switching requests would need to be in by around the 19th December...and that's if TSB would start working in it immediately...many banks don't!
  • Lewis_H wrote: »
    Hi Ryan,

Hi Lewis,

On this it would probably be best to give TSB's Switcher Team a call directly on 0345 835 7838 as they will be able to clarify this for you either way!

Hope this helps,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
  • YorkshireBoy
    MSE_Ryan wrote: »
    Hi Lewis,

On this it would probably be best to give TSB's Switcher Team a call directly on 0345 835 7838 as they will be able to clarify this for you either way!

Hope this helps,
    The clarification is in the T&Cs isn't it?
    Eligibility
    1. To qualify for the offer you must:a. Open a new Classic Plus account by 11 December 2016 and have completed your switch to TSB using the Current Account Switch Service by 30 December 2016
    Ergo, for a 7 working day switch, which can't start until the 28th December, expecting completion in two days is a tad optimistic?
  • Oh, sorry, I just realised I put 26 when it should have been the 17th.

Does that mean I could apply for the account before the 11th and ask them to finish to switch on the 18th when the DD will be active or does it have to take 7 days? Or does the DD have to be active before you apply?
  • YorkshireBoy
    Lewis_H wrote: »
    Oh, sorry, I just realised I put 26 when it should have been the 17th.

Does that mean I could apply for the account before the 11th and ask them to finish to switch on the 18th when the DD will be active or does it have to take 7 days? Or does the DD have to be active before you apply?
    The DD has to be on the old account before the switch can start, since they obtain the details on day 1 (of 7).

As I said above, the latest you can START the switch is the 19th December, to ensure it completes BY the 30th December.

It's unlikely a DDI would appear on the account on a non-working day, so if it's not there on the 16th you'll have to hope it's there on the 19th.
  • Ah, I see. I'm going to phone tomorrow to apply and then pray the DD starts before or on the 19th.

Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport