Tesco Current Account Switching Incentive

Options
Has anyone received any switching incentives for opening a Tesco current account recently? Yesterday I received an email offering 2,500 Clubcard points for switching to them.

I have x2 savings accounts and x2 credit cards with Tesco, but no current account (yet).

I just wanted to see if anyone else has received anything / whether it's worth holding out for a better offer (I'm sure there have been reports of them offering 10,000 points before)?

Thanks
I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• BoraBora123
    Options
    I got the same offer as you yesterday
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've heard of people receiving 5000 points and 10,000 points over the past couple of years.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • firsttimemover
    Options
    Are these personalised offers for certain customers? I need to open these soon (already got savings accounts with them) so I must update my marketing preferences!
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »
    I've heard of people receiving 5000 points and 10,000 points over the past couple of years.

Makes the 2,500 offering seem paltry. Thanks for replying, I might just wait, no rush to open a Tesco current account yet.

Are these personalised offers for certain customers? I need to open these soon (already got savings accounts with them) so I must update my marketing preferences!

No idea, but if me, my partner and BoraBora123 have all received the same offer on the same day, it would suggest that it's a marketing mailshot for customers of theirs who hold savings+credit cards with them - but no bank account.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • Dan83
    Dan83 Posts: 672 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    How much does 2500 club cards points = £s?
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    1p per point so 2500=£25
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If it's simply to open the account then it's actually not too bad.
    All offers elsewhere require an account switch.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Candyapple wrote: »
    Makes the 2,500 offering seem paltry. Thanks for replying, I might just wait, no rush to open a Tesco current account yet.
    I waited a good while for an offer a couple of years ago (having seen others report 5,000 and 10,000 points incentives), with a couple of savings accounts and a credit card, yet one never came.

So I'd take the 2,500 points now personally, if I had a sacrificial account ready. A bird in the hand and all that!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    If it's simply to open the account then it's actually not too bad.
    All offers elsewhere require an account switch.
    This one does too, according to the OP...

"Yesterday I received an email offering 2,500 Clubcard points for switching to them."
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I guess if you boosted the 2,500 points with one of their partners it could be worth up to £100?
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure