MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• Timeflies - you'll be even more jealous that we bought the glider rocking chair off ebay for just £14!!! :p Don't think I could have justified buying it new otherwise!

No idea how much things will cost for nursery. We're just asking round friends for recommendations because we've only been in the area for just over 3 years so haven't needed any builder-type people before!
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Hiya,

Wondered if I could join? I was briefly on the earlier thread, but my health (I have some MH diagnoses) took a bit of a nose dive and I kind of went into hibernation. I was made redundant when I told work I was pg (suspicious?!), so I'm a little short of human contact, and am hoping this will help.

I recognise some names, so hello to everyone!

I'm 28 weeks now, and have a due date of 21st march, with a little girl!!! :D (I'm on a tablet, so if someone wouldn't mind adding me to the list the next time they do it I'd really appreciate it? Think I'd muck it up!!

Got most things bought for her (made sense to do it with the redundancy money), but the house is about as far from organised as you can be!

Christmassy Hugs to everyone, and hope everyone is ok.
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Aunty-Pickle Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 December 2014 at 10:19PM
    DUE DATE LIST
    1. Shorty1978 - 24 December 2014 :xmastree:?
    2. Island.girl- 25th December :xmastree: ?
    3. freshstart11 - being induced 4th January 2015:xmastree:?
    4. Timeflies - Boxing Day 2014:xmastree:?
    5. alice31 - 29 December 2014 ?
    6. lotti1982- 21 January 2015 :male:
    7. Nicky Noo Na - 11 February 2015 ?
    8. sulphate - 12 February 2015 ?
    9. fuzzipeg - 14th February 2015:male: (delivery w/c 31/1/15)
    10. Estateprincess - 15th February 2015 ?
    11. Mrs_T_M - 24th February 2015 ?
    12. Bubblepops - 21 March 2015 :female:
    13. x_missymoo_x - 7 April 2015 ?
    14. Princess kate - 8 April 2015 ?
    15. millysg1 - 8 April 2015 ?
    16. Aunty-Pickle - 15 April 2015 ?
    When you see this post do your pelvic floor exercises

Hospital Bag List here
    Supplement List and Dosage here

BIRTH LIST - Within the last month
    :female: view - Adeleine was born on 18 November at 9.11am weighing 6lb 15oz
    :male: freebiequennie James was born on 20 November
    :male: tia86 Born on 27 November
    :female: angeltreats - Born on 27 November
    :male: mr_knight Born on 2 December
    :male: Toooldforthis (again) - Jacob 4 December
    :female:Loveactually - 10 December 2014

PROBABLY GIVEN BIRTH BUT TOO WORN OUT TO LOG ON LIST

Impulse1976 -
    4th November 2014?[/COLOR]
    [*]runmichellerun - 25th November 2014 :female:
    [*]b_girl - 30th November 2014

Allow 2 weeks after EDD before transferring to this list (Max 6 weeks)

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Please post your birth stories here when you have time/energy

Congrats to all babies born and all new mums! Hello to all newbies and get well to all those under the weather. Also hope all with worries get them sorted.

Hope I've done this right to add me and Bubblepops (Welcome btw)!!!
  • Timeflies wrote: »
    Sorry you've been starting and stopping freshstart11 - hope it goes much more smoothly next week.

That's a shame you're not able to progress the nursery til the work's done Aunty Pickle - it annoys me when I'm planning that a task can get done and then it can't! Will those be expensive jobs? I'm jealous of your glider chair - I really want one!:D When I've sat in them in mothercare, they're soooooo comfortable when you're feeling knackered in pregnancy, and I bet they'd be great for nursing. I'm hoping I might get one once we eventually move house, but it would have been great to have had one for the last part of pregnancy.

Well done on your Bugaboo bargain -- 40% off is v impressive, and you can feel all the more more smug about jumping in at the right time as they sold out so quickly!

shorty1978 - what don't you like about an early Jan birthday? I think 1 Jan would be a nice day, you'd always have the bank holiday, but any of the first few days baby might well be off school/work in the future. I thought it might be better than being 24/25/26 Dec and just being forgotten amongst Christmas plans.

Hope your sweep is helpful tomorrow and as painless as possible!

Mine is the 4th..... Always back to school/work after a nice long xmas break. As you get older no-one has money to go out plus it's diet time (especially me) so no-one wants to do anything lol.

Hoping for some sweep success tomorrow :) baby is so wriggly this afternoon and I have some lower aches but nothing else.

Welcome to Bubblepops
  • It was me talking about the Aton, Aunty-Pickle :) I wasn't too keen to start with as I thought DH only wanted it because of the colour, but he had read up about it and seen it had so many great safety features and reviews and so he was dead set on it, and how can I argue with a safety record!? :p I'm jealous of your bargains by the way, I seem to be rubbish at spotting them!

I called up to find out about the 4d scan today and have been given a few available dates so I just need to double check which one is most suitable. I read up about them and it seems like the best time is between 28-30 weeks as by then baby has got a nice amount of fat and so won't resemble a skeleton (or Lord Voldemort as a few people have said! :eek:) but they also still have a bit of room to move around. If I'm completely honest, I do get a little freaked out by the 3d images as they can look quite scary, but at the same time I'm really excited by the prospect of seeing the little ones actual face and features!

Welcome to bubblepops - good to see you again as I remember you from before and you losing your job. On the one hand what an awful thing to happen, but on the other at least you made the most of it and used your payoff to spoil baby :)

Still got my fingers crossed that babies who have outstayed their welcome shift soon!! :p
  • shorty - really hope your sweep gets things moving for you tomorrow!

missymoo - the bargains are, I guess, the one consolation I've had for being off sick for 7 weeks! I've had a lot of time to browse the internet!!!! yes, the Aton Q does have a really impressive range of awards for its safety which is all good. The only downside being that the base is only compatible with that one seat so even if you were to use the Aton Sirona (next size up) you would have to buy a whole new seat&base combo (which is another £385). I know you shouldn't put a price on baby's safety but it's still a bit "ouch"!!
  • Hi everyone,

I remember you too missymoo-hope you're ok? Totally ok with the redundancy now, we couldn't have been as well prepared if I was working, and, I've not missed the place for a second!! :rotfl:

Thanks for the lovely welcome, guys.

Fingers crossed for sweep success tomorrow shorty, and the 4d scan sounds amazing missymoo! My friend had one, and when he was born, he looked just like the scan!! Amazing! (Although, voldemort!! :rotfl: )

Had consultant appointment this Morning; all ok, and got bump measured for the first time, and is bob on(was awake all night worrying they were going to tell me there's no baby, it's just fat :eek: )

Had a good wander on the retail park, got some bits on sale in mothercare-some good reductions in clothes and bedding if anyone is interested? Same in asda living.

Wandered onto tesco, picked up a small suitcase to start hospital bag (some friends are due at the same time as me, and one has had complications, so getting worried about being ready!) and some bits, and saw myself in a full size mirror in the loos. I have a proper bump! :eek: Fair waddled back to OH in a stage of shock! :rotfl:

Spent the afternoon having a nap, and commandeering OH to help with decorating.

Had a tearymoment- OH was examining all the clothes he picked out today and was grinning to himself and oohing and aahing, and was really excited. I was so touched
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • x_missymoo_x
    x_missymoo_x Posts: 484 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2014 at 12:22PM
    Glad your appointment went well Bubblepops, and nice to see you got some bargains too! I bought a sleeping bag from Boots yesterday which was half price, and the first nice neutral one I'd seen in 0-6 months so had to buy it! Also bought some more muslins, 5 for £5 again half price and they look like a nice decent size.
    I know what you mean about catching yourself in the mirror and noticing the bump, mine is also definitely a baby bump now :) DH reckons I just sprouted overnight, although perhaps the amount I ate over Christmas helped :p I've also noticed that my maternity jeans I bought which were previously too baggy around the band are now becoming more snug, and I much prefer wearing them to anything else now! I also got a New Look voucher for Christmas so managed to get some nice tops which really show the bump off, I love it :)

That is so annoying about the base, Aunty-Pickle, you would think they would just make a universal one for all of their models, but then I suppose they wouldn't make as much money that way :mad:

I've been using my time off work watching One Born Every Minute, I have nearly 40 episodes on Sky+ to get through :o Not sure if its a good idea or not, I normally cry each time a baby is born (damn hormones!), and then the one I'm watching this morning the little love is really poorly and they reckon may only live a few days as he is struggling to breathe :( But on the other hand I'm now liking the idea of a waterbirth, and I'm going to try my best not to be a screamer :p 26 weeks today, so 14 to go before we see how well I do with that one :rotfl:

ETA: The little baby on OBEM was in NICU for 14 weeks but went home. He has kidney trouble so has dialysis and is fed through a tube but he is home and defying the odds. Tears are definitely flowing :o:)
  • X_Missymoo_X - I watched all the OBEM on 4OD over the last few weeks..... Never sure if it was a good or bad decision.

Sweep this morning- wasn't so bad, I was really dreading it. Sadly baby still not looking like moving- no further engaged, not dilated. Been booked in for a induction on the 4th (my birthday) but i'm hoping this sweep may have helped.

Had a family bereavement yesterday that was unexpected- was concerned that I had upset the baby as I was very shocked and upset. Baby seems to be ok now and had a good heartbeat this morning at my check up.

Anything yet Timeflies?? Or anyone else due/overdue?
  • sorry to hear about your family bereavement shorty. Had you seen them recently? OH's grandma died unexpectedly last week but he is so pleased that he saw her a few weeks before that (she lives about 250 miles from us). I think that has made a big difference to him - and she was so excited about the baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport