PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Options

Comments

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning shanks , you were up early .

Another hoping Zippy is feeling a bit more herself now . We will all be good and save you any sorting of things on the OS threads :)

I've been mia here and have blisters from leaning too long on the " Garden Fence "

SM Is the little hare still being cared for by the adopted parents? Nature can be lovely in those circumstances . Thanks for the word Puddock . Someone elsewhere on os is teaching me various scottish dialect words and they fit certain situations far better than the english version .
    Have you been keeping a tomato tally or have things finally reached glut level and you are doing the 100 things to do with tomatoes thing?

Lainey Such a good idea to just be in the moment over the summer . It will help you rebalance things and is free therapy . Hope Billy E sends a new friend your way soon .
    I got used to the smell of beeswax polish over the years of polishing wood . You can get lavender scented beeswax . In the last few polishing years I would get the lavender version from one of the beekeepers who gave a big discount as he always reckoned my flowers were providing the necter for his bees . I don't polish more than my boots and shoes these days as over the years the big solid pine furniture has been stripped back and painted . It now needs just a wipe from a barely damp E Cloth and job done .

Fuds I've said it all elsewhere already but just enjoy the security and joy of youe forever home xxxx

Have a good Sunday all
    polly.
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pollyanna - the tomatoes are out of control:o I have 27 red ones sitting on my kitchen window sill which just need to ripen/soften a little bit. I may be making soup soon! I'm not complaining though I will find a use. I thought about making pasta sauce and freezing it as I often hear people on OS mention - must look for a recipe.

The little hare is still with us. Hubby and I watched him at the weekend with his adopted "brother" who is clearly much older although a youngster. They played together for a while and then we noted that the elder hare looked quite irritated as the little one continued to romp around. It was so much like human siblings where the older brother was tired of the boisterous toddler:)

Fuddle - I hope the lottie is coming along nicely. It will be lots of work up front but so worth it in the long run.

I'm guessing lots of our regulars are on holiday. Our schools return next week and I often forget the rest of the U.K. adopts a schedule which is closer to the actual summer season. I was planning some meetings today and realised we also have a bank holiday in a few weeks time. I have the Friday before off so will make a nice long weekend.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    SM I'm making an attempt to keep up with the few threads I follow . Hampered somewhat by a windows update a few hours ago which led to a firefox hissy fit followed by W Defender intervening then found all the settings on Malwarebytes had been turned off and had to go in and reset the lot . Firefox needs to go . I just need the energy to set up another .
    I thought you'd be seeing a lot of tomatoes by now . Pasta sauce is one to bulk cook and freeze . I've done it for years and as the seasons turn it's good to come home and knock up a quick meal either pasta or using it in other dishes .
    It's turning a bit autumnal here . The last few nights have been a lot cooler and the lights need to go on earlier .
    Good to hear the little hare is still about .
    Two of the dialect words taught to me on another thread are Wabbit - Feeling below Par and Gubbed - Totally Kaput . You may be familiar with them both . Translation is for others who aren't . Brilliant shortcut for youngest and the GP says it all in one word .
    Lyn is on holiday and I imagine will return with some tales of a most interesting adventure . Lainey is around but looking after herself a bit at the moment . Floss is still on the threads .
    I'm hoping Candlelight and her husband are ok . I suspect it will still be the landline and internet issue as mine went on for ages last year . Hopefully she'll be back here soon .
    Well nearly time to hit the hay . Take care .
    polly x

• pollyanna_26
    Options
    Just bumping the thread .
    Hope all are well . I'm wondering how Fuds is going on with the allotment .
    Take care all
    Much love to you all and hope to see Candlelight back soon .
    pollyx

• scottishminnie
    Options
    Pollyanna - could you give me your tomato pasta sauce recipe when you get time please? There are masses on the internet however I'd rather have a tried and tested one.

I made 6 double portions of tomato and rice soup yesterday to use up most of the current glut so the freezer is well stocked again. I'm off to Costco now so must resist the temptation to buy anything for the freezer - I'm in need of things like laundry detergent and dishwasher tablets so I shall stay focused - I hope!

I took a day holiday from work today with the plan to do rather a lot of fence painting in the garden however the weather hasn't cooperated hence the Costco trip instead and I'll bake later. I did go for a 4 mile run earlier so I'm feeling quite pleased with myself although everything I was wearing, trainers included are now in the washing machine as I got drenched.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi all, back from the most amazing holiday in the most fantastic place we've ever been to. We did over 1,300kilometers climbed every waterfall and two mountains, visited the geothermal pools and spas all over the island, went out in wild Atlantic weather whale watching on the day they resumed the trips (weather was dire and He Who Knows was very seasick) which was interesting to say the least and I LOVED IT!!! turns out I am a sailor! and found the most wonderful geothermally heated swimming pool perched on a cliff overlooking a vast fjord where you could not see the ground as it dropped away. like being in a pool in the sky! Oh my, it REALLY doesn't get any better than that!

Back home to oodles of produce to sort out as the garden despite the best efforts of our lovely neighbour who was watering and picked some, has gone berserk and I now have the European veg mountain on my work surface in my kitchen, tomorrow will be very busy. Today the washing is taking precedence! catch up with all your posts later on, still travelling.............
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome home!! Lyn you didn't say which Island you've been to :D You have me shattered just reading the paragraph. Produce processing for you in the coming days. May the holiday washing gods shine down on you too! Lovely, lovely to have you back! :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Like a good advert Mum went to ICELAND!!! and what a totally awe inspiring place it is, it's so B I G!!!!!
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds amazing Mrs LW, my youngest went earlier in the year and loved it, always been on my wish list.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you ever get the chance GO! it is the most beautiful and unspoiled place left on this earth, go stand by the waterfalls, climb the mountains, go to the geothermal pools, find the black sand beaches, go on the boat watching the whales and if you have the time hire the car and do the entire ring road right round the island, stand and watch the glaciers, watch the icebergs calving, drive along the fjords oh my goodness it is magic!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure