From Debit to Credit

Options

Comments

• tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Minimum Payment went out on Dods HSBC so another £49.98 off the debt.
    Messed up as I didn't think it was due till next week, so now leaves me with £4 until Thursday, Not the end of the world as can borrow out of the household bills account if I really need too but will try for no spend days so I don't.

Dods and eldest son's birthday on Saturday gifts sorted so just cards to pick up end of June beginning of July has always been my broke month of the year due to all the family birthdays so have weathered this one ok this year.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow you're doing so well. It's amazing what you can do when you're focused.

I reckon my overdraft will be at 0 once I get paid in July. I've made £150 through eBay/gumtree sales plus £100 for switching accounts so I'm nearly there. Then it's my CC, then building up an emergency fund.

I shall see where I am in the Autumn. I don't want to jump the gun because I still want to do things over the summer holidays.

We are Money Saving novices....soon to become experts!!!
  • tori.k
    Options
    My lot would say im more bloody minded than focused Louby. :D

I had a heart to heart with my mother, as seems our purse tightening hasn't gone unnoticed,I haven't been fully honest with her with the amount as she is a natural worrier, but she now understands im overpaying rather than just servicing as part of a retirement plan. Funny the conversation kinda ended with her being glad im in debt as it stop's her worrying about me when we are off traveling :rotfl: and promising to call my brother to make sure he's thinking about retirement as he's older than me by two years.

Think i've made her day by giving her something else to worry about :D

A determined no spend day today, i've enough household jobs to fill a fortnight so one day off without spending should be a breeze.
  • tori.k
    Options
    Managed 3 NSD broke it today with a £1.19 coffee bill at work as I picked up dods spare car keys instead of mine and my coffee jar is in my locker and the key is with my car keys, so it's totally Dods fault for putting the spare's where I keep my car keys :D

One last day at work and I have four days leave, first full weekend off since October, praying to everybody and anything for good weather as I have to get out in the Garden as we have a stack of firewood that needs splitting I need to get on top of the firewood as i've no budget for buying in extra this year (not that we should need to) and time is against us the nights are starting to draw in again.
  • tori.k
    Options
    12 bags of firewood split and stacked so far between showers, hoping to get 6 pallets cut up for kindling this afternoon, looking wildly optimistic on my part but can only give it a go.

Since we've been running the freezer down I can finally shut down my small chest freezer, after debating if to get rid of it decided to hold on for another year as it's been handy at Christmas if I find I don't need it this year I can free cycle it in the new year.

Caramelised onions are this week's main ingredient as I have 4KG of onions to use, so a veggie Tarte Flambee, cheese & mushroom quesadillas and onion foo young should start making a dent next week homity pie, french onion soup and onion, bell pepper and new potato hash should hopefully see them used, I now decided Im sick of thinking about food.

11 days to payday it's such a drag.
  • tori.k
    Options
    Started the pay your debts in 100 days challenge I only have pennies left to save in the budget so just adding a little extra to the barclay card that should have it cleared a month earlier which means I would have a little extra in the budget over the Christmas period. so £14 off the debt this week.

The boredom of being in debt is starting to get to me, not sure why there is nothing I need, I don't have the urge to splurge, everything just feels pretty stagnant.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I get the same sometimes, it's this realisation that it is going to take months to get rid of the debt when in my mind I just want it gone now. I tend to get a bit impatient & around these times I usually add a wee bit to the debt which is the wrong thing to do.

Really trying to get out of this habit.

I keep telling myself that this debt took me quite a while to build up so it will be the same getting rid of it.

I also joined the pay a debt in 100 days, I am getting rid of my catalogue for good. Need to do it in the 100 days(or well before if I can) to avoid paying the interest charges, this is the only debt I have on 0% right now.

Dxxx
  • tori.k
    Options
    Thanks Dolly

I do need to give myself a good kick up the backside, so this morning made a house to-do list of little odd jobs i've been meaning to get done hopefully this should help distract me a bit. first job of the day is I better get my backside off to work :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am already in work :(

9 until 6.30 today then that's me until Sunday :j

Hoping the weather stays good for the weekend, we actually have sun in Scotland today :p

Dxxx
  • tori.k
    Options
    That's a long shift to do but the sun will shine for you Dolly as im back on shift until Monday and the weather been conspiring against me this year so i'd expect rain on Monday& Tuesday :D

Min payment on the Barclay CC so another £25.65 off
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport