Software4students

Comments

• I think most are 2 or 3 user licences from when I've looked at the packages on the site..
    2010 Holiday Money fund £2 Coin Jar = £62 :j

Copper and Silver jar = £32 so far in 2010
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Ignore this.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    One desktop and one portable, but the portable covers a laptop.

Scroll down a little way.

http://www.software4students.co.uk/FAQ.aspx#q27
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • Has anyone had any difficulties in getting software form software4students, I ordered some software 14 days ago, and my account has been debited by £36.90 (13 days ago) but so far no software has arrived. I have emailed them and been asked to wait another 21 days (last week) when I tried to ring them this morning their phone system is not working properly and all you get is the same message, press one for (etc).
    The wife has some important uni work to type up but no software to do it.

Peter Collins:mad:
  • Mutton_Geoff
    Mutton_Geoff Posts: 3,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I'd blame the postman rather than S4S. I'm also a satisfied customer of their prices and prompt service.
    Signature on holiday for two weeks
  • Oneday77
    Oneday77 Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am in the same boat. We ordered Office and Windows 7 over 2 weeks ago but no delivery yet. Th eirony is I was in Belfast a week later and could have tried popping in by ;)
    I am holding fire though as the postal strike swill have caused an issue and as it is belfast it's not as easy to get good here except by ferry or plane, so limited logistis issues for the Royalmail to catch up.
    New PV club member. 3.99kW system. Solar Edge with 14 x 285W JA Solar panels. 55° West from south and 35° pitch.
  • bignred05
    bignred05 Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I ordered Office 2007, days before the post strike was mentioned
    mine arrived within 48 hours of order, well pleased

1 query though, if anyone can help
    there's no serial number with the disc, is this correct
    as I'm sure it mentioned on the disc about a serial number

as its for a new xmas (laptop) present, its still sealed
    I would of thought the serial would of been on the outside
    can anyone confirm if this is correct

thanks in advance
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The key sticker should be on the plastic envelope that the disc came in. Mine was.
  • Oneday77
    Oneday77 Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bignred05 wrote: »
    I ordered Office 2007, days before the post strike was mentioned
    mine arrived within 48 hours of order, well pleased

1 query though, if anyone can help
    there's no serial number with the disc, is this correct
    as I'm sure it mentioned on the disc about a serial number

as its for a new xmas (laptop) present, its still sealed
    I would of thought the serial would of been on the outside
    can anyone confirm if this is correct

thanks in advance

If the key was on the outsdie then everyone would pop to PC World write down the keys and multi install one disc on various PC's.
    Don't worry the key typically is either on the inside of the DVD case of on the disc envelope inside :)
    New PV club member. 3.99kW system. Solar Edge with 14 x 285W JA Solar panels. 55° West from south and 35° pitch.
  • Re the Software4Students website .. they removed their phone number 0207 193 5335 (Software Asset Management + press option #1) and replaced it with the Microsoft 0870 601 0100 number. Probably too many calls, so now you can only email (or ring Microsoft Customer Service).
    Re non-delivery .. Microsoft are aware of the problem. I'm not sure who dispatches the disks (probably a warehouse facility). Whether the disks were sent (and therefore delayed by Royal Mail), or whether there has been a dispatch foul-up (and Microsoft still have the disks at an unknown warehouse), nobody is saying. I know several people who ordered around the 25th October, and none have received their order. So a complete 'dispatch' has gone missing. And I have received packages sent both before, and since, the 2-day strike. Perhaps Royal Mail are a convenient excuse.
    It is also pretty pathetic that any manager would dispatch a 'launch' product into a mail strike situation! Especially when other sellers were making other arrangements. But it's only the customer who suffers; they already have our money!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure