Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 June 2017 at 6:15AM
    Options
    Morning,

Still feeling delicate but not sick now.

DH had yet another talk to DS last night about his behaviour, I'm not sure what's going on in his head, I'm hoping it's just hormonal and will settle down.

Bank account checked, nothing untoward has come out and nothing surprisingly has gone in :p it's caught up with the weekends spends though.

Spent £1.25p of my £2 allowance yesterday, so that gives me 75p to roll over.

Need to buy DD two bottles of water today for her school trip on Thursday.

Back later.

ETA - Was going to go to work today, but DH is adamant that as I'm not 100% I'm better off at home and go back tomorrow. So I am doing, site can manage without me for a day. I can catch up on everything tomorrow.

Therefore I'm going to go through the finances today.
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Rest today!! Dont overdo it xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi PM02

I have just been catching up on things with you. I didnt realise your commute was so long. That is really long!

My OH is just in the process of being made a full time home worker, as he was going into the office less & less. Its a good thing I think, and will save us around £36 a week. Not bad over a month. Im sure you've already looked into that though in your current job?

I am really sorry to read what your son did. Its hard because Im sure you've forgiven him now, so I dont want to go on. But equally, sympathies & grrrr!!! Is all now quiet on the ex girlfriend front?

Im glad your parents are such a support to you, thats lovely to read. Sounds like you had a good weekend.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    monz wrote: »
    Rest today!! Dont overdo it xx

Have you been talking my DH? Lol that's what he said! :rotfl:
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Hi PM02

I have just been catching up on things with you. I didnt realise your commute was so long. That is really long!

My OH is just in the process of being made a full time home worker, as he was going into the office less & less. Its a good thing I think, and will save us around £36 a week. Not bad over a month. Im sure you've already looked into that though in your current job?

I am really sorry to read what your son did. Its hard because Im sure you've forgiven him now, so I dont want to go on. But equally, sympathies & grrrr!!! Is all now quiet on the ex girlfriend front?

Im glad your parents are such a support to you, thats lovely to read. Sounds like you had a good weekend.

Bob

I'd love to be home based but unfortunately my job role doesn't allow it, so looking closer to home for a job.

As much as I've forgiven him, he's totally blown all trust now. DH says to cancel his birthday, but I'd feel terrible if I did that, so he's still getting something to show that he is still loved.

Ex-gf is now gone :) no contact since numbers got changed and DS was removed from Instagram.

Step-dad did offer to lend us the money, but DH said no, we can cover it if needed as he's got bonuses due over the rest of this year if it came to the crunch. We did say that we'd keep his offer in mind if we get stuck.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dropped DH at the station, nipped to Morrisons and picked up a few bits, mainly bits for DD for Thursday's trip.

Picked up a reduced lump of beef, so will cut that up for beef casserole towards the end of the month :money:

Got DH his Nicorette, two for £20 so that's him sorted for a little while :money:

Meal plan done for the last few weeks of the month, aiming to use what we've got in and just do small top ups in between :)

I know DH is worried about this month as its a long one, but I'm hoping he'll see that we can do it even if it is only using OD money til pay day.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 June 2017 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Afternoon,

I think the title of this post says it all :D

I've just gone through the finances and ticked off what's come out and what is yet to come out and noted that DH's expenses are due in and all being good, the money I transferred at the beginning of the month to cover what is due to come out towards the end, we shouldn't need to use it all :)

I told DH that I'm still getting DS bits for his birthday. Told him that I know he's done wrong but no child should get nothing. Not had any arguments about it.

Lump of beef I bought, I've cut up and put in the freezer.

I've had cuppa soup for lunch and feeling a lot brighter than yesterday.

Need to keep up with my lunches to work and weekly allowance.

Finally think we're getting somewhere! :beer:

ETA: Capital One statement has come through and it is £443.11, I have paid £23.11 to it to round it down, will need to juggle the payments around a bit to include this and include anything that DS manages to accumulate towards it.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Glad to hear you are on the up :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Well done for getting back on the MSE case! And I agree with you about getting presents for your DS.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy Hump Day :)

Woke up feeling much better today, just tired, so back to work for me today, got lots to do.

Bank account checked, nothing untoward there, need to keep a check on it and move the other money over when needed.

Going to buy step-dad a Father's Day card today, he's never had one from us, so I think it's about time now.

Nothing much else to report. Back later xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

Very tired this morning, usual for a Thursday for me.

Mega busy day at work yesterday, that what happens when I have two days off sick and have to play catch up. Going to be busy again today, got reports and manuals to sort....the joys!

Bank account checked...nothing gone out of any importance and nothing gone in.

DD is off on her water slide trip with the year 6's, she's mega excited lol

Didn't get a card yesterday, may go on Quidco and see if I can order him one via Moonpig.

Need to order DS's scooter helmet for his birthday today, they're reasonably cheap, considering the brand he wants.

Back later x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport