IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Bit of Help please. McDonald's Car park NPCC

Afternoon,

Received letter in today from NPC that I over indulged in my parking privileges!! Overstayed the allowed 90 minutes.

This happened in Scotland.

I've read a bit of the newbies thread and seen its different for England and Wales than it is for Scotland and NI, also watched the watchdog video. Is that video still up to date with current laws regarding private parking or is it outdated?

Also is there anyway, me not paying this fine will affect my credit score?

Thanks in advance for your help.
:beer:

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    the watchdog vid is well out of date POFa came in , back in 2012 , however this only applies in England and wales , not (in your case) Scotland , unless this is a lease / hire car do not reply to them , do NOT name the driver

you will get lots of junk mail , but unless you get a PROPER court claim , not sa debt collector threatening , return
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Thanks for the reply. They have a picture of me driving out the car park. Can they use that against me in some way?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,257
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    You just ignore this from here on, just as pappa golf has already told you. You are bombproof in Scotland. No credit file endorsement is coming your way any time soon!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Thanks folks. Main concern wasn't having to pay money in the end up it was about a possible black mark against you if you didn't pay.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    if you would like to read more then try

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,658
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Awilliams1 wrote: »
    Thanks folks. Main concern wasn't having to pay money in the end up it was about a possible black mark against you if you didn't pay.

Can't happen unless you lost in court THEN refused to pay. Won't happen. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Had another look at said letter. What are referring too In regards to Parking eye v beavis? They say that has now been established that these penalty charges are now enforceable?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,658
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 17 November 2016 at 12:45PM
    Oh please. Stop reading their stupid letter, you are not liable, there is no 'debt' and in Scotland you are bullet-proof.

File it.

Re the Beavis case, search the forum for it or Googling 'DRP landmark Beavis case' and see all the hundreds of posts about the same letter.

No, it didn't make all parking charges enforceable!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Yes, alright. I was only enquiring about it!:money:
  • Just an update.

Received 3 letters in total now!

This one has RED writing on it saying it will effect my credit rating if I don't pay!

Still wanting £100 within 28 days. Still not acknowledging them.

Quick question, IF they did decide to take it to small claims and I received i court order, would i then pay the £100 or whatever they added on to the fine? Or would I then be paying expenses etc.. for them taking it further? What I'm kind of asking is would I end up paying hundreds of £££ if it came to that.

Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport