Free McAfee security software for HSBC customers (merged)

Whenever you connect to the Internet, you expose your computer to the risk of infection from viruses. They can attack websites, email attachments, or a network of computers.

HSBC have teamed up with McAfee® to offer all our Personal Internet Banking customers access to free Security software for 12 months.

HSBC are continually reviewing and enhancing the security we offer you as part of our Internet Banking service, and it's also very important that you, as an internet user, take the appropriate steps to help protect yourself. McAfee® Security helps to protect your PC and your information against internet fraud and intrusion from hackers.

To download your free security software you will need to Register or Log on to Personal Internet Banking and select the 'Free McAfee® Security download' link.

*McAfee software download is only available to PC users.
More details here

Regards
Sunil

Comments

• tlise
    tlise Posts: 53 Forumite
    HSBC have teamed up with McAfee to offer a free 12 month FREE security suite for your pc. I know it includes Anti spyware and virus scan, other than that I am still downloading it, but I figured its worth a try.
    If you log onto your account, the link is there. I think it only works via the link.
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but I couldn't see it x
  • tlise
    tlise Posts: 53 Forumite

:p:p:p:p:p
    <ggg> well I tried searching for HSBC ^^^up there. but look at it this way, if I didn't see it, others might have missed it too <g>
  • If you bank online with HSBC they are offering McAfee Antivirus free for 12 months its worth £39.99 and you can protect up to 3 PCs with it
    Something free from a bank Blimey!!!!!!!!
  • the bank block my account because they awaiting the letter back with my signuature to confirm that whether i have download anti-virus on my laptop, and i am eligible for this free software but how can i download it as i enter my IB detial.
  • omelette451
    omelette451 Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    Both needing new anti-virus software and being rather impressed with HSBC actually doing something nice for its customers I downloaded the free McAfee stuff... Big mistake. It slowed my computer down so much I very nearly threw it out the window. I've since uninstalled it and gone for the free avast software recommended by Martin on the general anti-virus page, and would urge anyone in a similar position to do the same.
  • Both needing new anti-virus software and being rather impressed with HSBC actually doing something nice for its customers I downloaded the free McAfee stuff... Big mistake. It slowed my computer down so much I very nearly threw it out the window. I've since uninstalled it and gone for the free avast software recommended by Martin on the general anti-virus page, and would urge anyone in a similar position to do the same.

Ive used McAfee for many years and never had a problem, in fact last weekend I installed McAfee 12 months free via another posters link on here as my current subscription was days from running out and again my PC (s) continue to run as fast as the day they were built. :j
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Not sure if this will be on for everyone, but on my HSBC internet banking homepage there was a link to free McAfee for a year. Thought it may be useful for a least a couple of people to check out.
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • janie63
    janie63 Posts: 262 Forumite
    is first direct offering this too? They are a division of HSBC
  • Thanks for the info. I had downloaded it but not installed it yet as my present one isnt finished. I wont bother now lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure