The IVA Council

Have had a letter from this company who are they?????

Are they real?????

Comments

• dalip
    dalip Posts: 7,045 Forumite
    Not sure but i think someone else had one of those letters last wk. I will try to see if i can find the post.
    Free impartial debt advice available from: National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000 | The Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111 | Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    Laugh at yourself and others laugh with you.Laugh at others and you laugh alone. BSC No 107:D
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    very real..not that great though (I had a letter days after my BR..straight into the cats litter tray...very absorbant!)

a bit of reading here

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/community/forums/t/the-iva-council-do-not-believe-their-claims-12677.aspx
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just file it in FIile 13 ie: the bin. These are sharks they trawl the courts and London Gazette and try and create more misery and cash for themselves. Just about everyone on an IVA gets a letter from them.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • pinkjaney
    pinkjaney Posts: 203 Forumite
    thanks i did think they were dogdy lol

Suitably binned
  • dalip
    Duke of northumberland page 3 sorry dont know how to do link.

WASPY where are you:D
    Free impartial debt advice available from: National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000 | The Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111 | Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    Laugh at yourself and others laugh with you.Laugh at others and you laugh alone. BSC No 107:D
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    From: Insolvency Service statement regarding the IVA Council
    The Insolvency Service would like to make it clear that we are in no way associated with an organisation called the IVA Council.

IVAs are a flexible and effective means of dealing with debt. For debtors they provide protection from creditors, debt forgiveness, flexibility in terms of what assets are included, and none of the restrictions, which apply in bankruptcy. For creditors they provide a better return than could be obtained in bankruptcy.

IVAs allow debtors to repay their creditors that which they can reasonably afford and resolve their financial problems, and are supervised by licensed and regulated insolvency professionals.

The principal statutory alternative to an IVA is bankruptcy. Bankruptcy should always be the last resort as the debtor will lose control of their assets and will be subject to bankruptcy restrictions, potentially up to 15 years.

Consequently The Insolvency Service does not condone any implication that people in IVAs should stop paying and enter bankruptcy. If you have had any communication from the IVA Council or other third parties suggesting that you stop making payments under your IVA you should discuss this with the supervisor of the IVA and seek advice from professional, qualified advisers before taking any action.
    From: From: ‘IVA Council’ makes false claims | Payplan Blog
    If you have recently received a letter from ‘The IVA Council’, then make sure you read this.

clip_image002.thumbnail.jpg

Recent press coverage of The IVA Council (IVAC) has exposed its false claims made in letters sent to people already in IVAs which attempt to link it to government and The Insolvency Service.

The letter’s recipient is warned that they might be a victim of mis-selling by their Insolvency Practitioner resulting in a possible refund of fees and contributions. A “government licensed debt adjuster” is offered in support of this claim.

However, The Insolvency Service has confirmed that there is no relationship between the two organisations and that its lawyers are currently investigating the situation.

Any person in an IVA who has received a letter from IVAC needs to be aware of the following:
    - IVAC has no ‘Consumer Credit Licence’ number evident on its website. You need this to be able to give debt advice, according to the requirements set out by the Office of Fair Trading
    - IVAC offers no ‘Data Protection’ registration details which is necessary for a business that will be recording data.
    - IVAC has no ‘Limited Company’ (Ltd) details, registration number or company address which is a mandatory requirement on all emails and letters from any Ltd company
    - IVAC has used the logo of IP trade body R3, which it does not have permission to do.
    - Credit Today published that ‘numerous attempts’ to contact IVAC had been unsuccessful. (25 October 2007)
    Case closed!
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dalip wrote: »
    Duke of northumberland page 3 sorry dont know how to do link.

WASPY where are you:D

Dalip if you highlight the address in the address bar and copy it, then you can paste it in your reply. That's the way I do it, I know some are posh and do coloured links etc. but I can't do them, 'cos I be simple :D
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • dalip
    Thanks tiger:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure