DFW Aspirations - MrsDoyles Journey

Options
I've been unhappy with my financial situation for a few years and have made a few half arsed attempts to sort myself out but nothing has really worked in the past. I got into a cycle of accumulating debt, consolidating with higher monthly payments and then accruing more debt!

Anyway, i've taken a look at my debts and worked out that our total debt is £8734 :eek: (not including husbands student loan at around £5800)

We have started paying off double the minimum amount (at least) on one of the credit cards and are working conscientiously to pay off the overdrafts so we aren't living in the red on a day to day basis!

The reason i'm so happy today is that i've just set realistic budgets for everything and worked out that this we will be paying £630 off our debts this month alone. :T

I only work part time so i can spend lots of time with our 3 year old son and my husband isn't on great money but our budget is slightly assisted by neither of us being able to drive at the moment.

Anyway, i just wanted to post this as im so proud of myself for being able to take a step out of my unhappy box for a while and for taking a look at the bigger picture which isn't as bad as i'd thought! :j
Back and ready to save some money! :D

Comments

• sunshine_shell
    Options
    That is fantastic!!! Well done :)
  • mrsdoyle1981
    Options
    Thanks! Its been a tough few years but it feels like we are finally turning the page over and can start afresh =D

Happy 2008 xx
  • fletch3163
    fletch3163 Posts: 900 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations on such clear cut goals. I wish you all the best. I also wish you well on your drop three dress sizes. It's my own personal goal to STOP going UP another three dress sizes. Whoever said stopping smoking may lead to slight weight gain? SLIGHT?
    Grocery Challenge M: £450/£425.08 A: £400/£:eek:.May -£400/£361 June £380/£230 (pages 18 & 27 explain)
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    That is SO good-Well done !
    It's a brave thing to look those debts in the eye but once you do they aren't half so scary !!
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • mrsdoyle1981
    Options
    Thank you!

I stopped smoking on 30th Aprill 2007 and havent looked back.....but the body has been ravaged by chocolate! =D

Congrats on stopping - it really is the best thing you can do for your health and wallet!
  • mrsdoyle1981
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    That is SO good-Well done !
    It's a brave thing to look those debts in the eye but once you do they aren't half so scary !!

thank you! :o happy new year :D
  • fletch3163
    fletch3163 Posts: 900 Forumite
    Options
    I quit Sept 2005 and My Goodness ................. well you know what I mean

Health and wallet doing well. Waistline? Not so much!
    Grocery Challenge M: £450/£425.08 A: £400/£:eek:.May -£400/£361 June £380/£230 (pages 18 & 27 explain)
  • mrsdoyle1981
    Options
    fletch3163 wrote: »
    I quit Sept 2005 and My Goodness ................. well you know what I mean

Health and wallet doing well. Waistline? Not so much!

You really cant underestimate how much better you feel when you stop though, can you? :rotfl:
  • masterkay
    masterkay Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    Well done. Congratulations on sorting it out and snowballing in the right direction.

Just keep going and it won't be long until that magic debt-free date.
  • superstar_2
    superstar_2 Posts: 2,104 Forumite
    Options
    Well done! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business