Claim from Natwest Bank

Hi everyone,

I have recently received a response from Natwest with a redress offer - great!

The only problem is I completed 2 PPI Claims for Natwest, one originally with 'Resolver' and the other with The Claims Guys.

I opted for Resolver first, as naturally it was recommended, particularly to avoid paying any third parties. However, I had little response as a result from any of my claims, which were submitted back in November, which lead me to then go with The Claims Guys, to avoid the hassle of doing it myself - albeit fully aware of their charges for this service!

I receive a response from TCG saying I have been successful and Natwest would like to offer me £540.09p! Great, however, their charge is a staggering £199! Still, it's money I wasn't expecting and I knew what I was getting myself into at the time.

The next thing I know I receive the letter from Natwest informing me they have completed their review, with the offer of the redress. Now, I am unsure if this is the result of TCG or Resolver. as there is no mention of either company.

Basically, if this is a result of my own persual through Resolver, can I follow this through, or am I now legally obliged to complete the process with TCG?

Technically, I started my claim with Resolver first, but because I received no response and even a delivery error notification during that process, I gave up and went with TCG.

Do I have any comeback with this, or as I suspect committed to paying the charges now?

Many thanks

Carl

Comments

• It sounds as if the Resolver complaint never made it to NatWest, which seems fairly standard. It's always quicker to send direct.

If that's the case, then the Claims Guys complaint will be the only one they have received and you'll need to pay.

If on the other hand your original complaint had been received, you would now probably owe the Claims Guys a cancellation fee for asking them to pursue a complaint you had already started. It sounds positive that it will be just be their %, as cancellation fees can be eye watering.

Next time, just write directly to the lenders and save yourself time and money.
  • Thanks for the prompt reply! :)

I've just found the email I sent to Resolver at the time (which was actually October), informing them of the error and this was their response:

Hi there,

Thank you for your email. I apologise for any worry this undelivered email has caused, the message is actually in relation to an internal notification we have set up and not the direct communications that you sent to the company.

We've been in touch with the company you raised your case with to ensure that communications have been getting through and they have confirmed they are.

I note that you received an automated email from them on the 22nd October to advise your submission was successful. You can also give Natwest a call on 0800 015 0319 at any point to ask for an update on the status of your case.

Kind regards,

Amy
    Resolver support

Does this help my case at all? Or do I still have to pay TCG? How much is their cancellation charge?

Thanks

Kind regards

Carl
  • Check the agreement you signed with them - it should give an idea in there. The highest charge I have heard of is around £600, others have been around the £250 mark.
  • Carlos1882 wrote: »
    "I note that you received an automated email from them on the 22nd October to advise your submission was successful."
    Does this help my case at all? Or do I still have to pay TCG? How much is their cancellation charge?
    I've yet to hear of a CMC allowing a cancellation AFTER redress is awarded. You've signed a legally binding contract which it will now be exceedingly difficult to extricate yourself from.

What on earth were you thinking when you engaged the Claim Firm even though you'd had an E-Mail reply via Resolver to confirm that your complaint was already received? You basically wasted their time and your money! :eek:
  • Understood. My decision to go with TCG was purely based on the lack of response from my Resolver cases, on any of my claims I had made (of which there were 3 at the time).

It seems because I made that choice I have to accept that responsibility (which I do) and therefore the charges I have occurred as a result.

Thank you for your help and advice.
  • Carlos1882 wrote: »
    Understood. My decision to go with TCG was purely based on the lack of response from my Resolver cases, on any of my claims I had made (of which there were 3 at the time).
    But you'd had automated replies stating your complaints had been received.

It's always a total waste of money employing a Claims Management Company to use a free-of-charge complaint process. In your case, however, it must be doubly galling because you know for certain that your complaint would have been upheld with or without their "assistance"

At least your experience stands as a warning to others...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure