Help With Student Loans - HERE!

Hey, i have alot of Knowledge of how the student loans procedure works. If anyone needs any help, i can advise as much general info.
Obviously i cant divulge into specifics due to Data Protection and the fact that i'd get fired, but anything i can help with, just let me know.

Comments

• can a postgraduate PhD student get any more money added onto existing student loan? (i already have about 10K from undergrad days)
  • slcworker
    slcworker Posts: 18 Forumite
    Im afraid not, the only postgraduate that is entitled to support is a PGCE.
    I'd advise contacting your Uni or Local Authority.... Details of phone numbers can be found on https://www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk
  • Hi SLCWorker...

Is there a phone # where I can talk to a "real" slc person? I'm sure when I tried before, I was put off by the idea of being in debt & not actually being able to speak directly with the lending company.
    Also, my part time fees are due... can I get a loan?
    Help me asap please, thanks!!!
    :p:p:pBargain Babe-a-Licious! :p:p:p
  • slcworker
    Hi there, iam a real SLC person....but then again i think i understand what u mean.
    the phone numbers are 08456 077577 (its a long process to actually get through, i advise pushing all the buttons on the phone til u get thru)
    or 0800 405010, but they may divert you. As its a number specifically for scottish students.
    Also u can chat online at https://www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk
    or theres me. x
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi,
    Im graduating this year (hopefully if they sort out the strike action) and wondered how much the interest on the loan actually is and whether if I am earning only minimum wage after graduation whether it is financially worth saving the money and paying off my loan asap after graduation (want to get a mortgage with my partner in a couple of years)
    Thanks
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • cool... thanks for the #'s
    So, what's the deal with a loan for my part time education?

Thanks!
    :p:p:pBargain Babe-a-Licious! :p:p:p
  • slcworker
    Well the interest rate changes every september. Its now at 3.2%
    As far as a mortgage, they will ask for info on ur student loan, if you have paid some off, it will be beneficial for yourself.
    But you'll be able to defer ur repayments as you would earn lower than th £15,000 threshold. Its your choice, but you can setup direct debit or make manual payments.
    For more info on repayment options etc, you can call us on 08702406298.
    x
  • slcworker
    for part time courses. you can receive upto half of a normal student loan entitlement.
    The application is the PTG1 form, again it can be downloaded from our website
  • Kittenkirst
    Forumite
    cheers for that, will they also be able to tell me when the statement of how much i have borrowed are posted out as can then start paying it off asap :-)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Kittenkirst
    Forumite
    also is that premium rate number? (i.e should I make the call using my works phone! lol) :-)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback