A payment a day............

Comments

• **MissL2**
    **MissL2** Posts: 183 Forumite
    This is a brill idea!!! Can I join in too? I'm going to aim to get rid of my Egg card. I've had it for years and naughtily just being paying the mp which works out as paying £2 a month off it :embarasse. It's currently at £428.23 and I'm going to pay £1.50 off it now *whoop*so its now £426.73 :p
    Free of NEXT Hooray!!!
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    lesley1960 wrote: »
    Doesnt your bank charge for every transaction? , just a thought

Mine doesn't charge me for just doing an online transfer, I thought that they only charged for CHAPS and BACS transfers when you want the money there the same day.

Emily x
  • Cleosmum
    Cleosmum Posts: 2,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ive never been charged for making a payment...who do you bank with Lesley?
  • amyandjon
    amyandjon Posts: 349 Forumite
    OOO i would like to join this idea :D it sounds fun.... i like to round my balances off so il see what my banks doing and make a payment to my egg card since they are sticking up the intrest to 21 % :O how rude 1!! x
    The loans will pay themselves the credit cards need a kicking :money: DFW Long haulers supporter 132!!:T
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Welcome all newcomers

I have added a list of challengers, what we are paying and how much the debt is on the first post :D .

Emily x
  • amyandjon
    Ive just made a payment of 9.01 to round my balance off wow this is so cool :P .....
    The loans will pay themselves the credit cards need a kicking :money: DFW Long haulers supporter 132!!:T
  • badgerbread
    badgerbread Posts: 302 Forumite
    count me in on this one I also am in the £10 a day doing ok so far and whilst reading your messages I thought I would pay off my barclaycard what I have made in the challenge so far so I've paid £80 off my balance bringing it down to £1914 will go for the £4 at least tommorrow.
    Make £5 a day in May total so far £2
  • amyandjon
    can iask having a blond moment.... your cc bill say you pay your payment do youhave so many days before the bill statment cut off date to make payments the are 0% because technically they can only put intrest on what you owe at that one time ? is that right :S
  • Cleosmum
    Cleosmum Posts: 2,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ok, Im going to join this. I have 3 debts that need to be paid off PDQ, no interest on them. Total is £1850, but I cant pay in dribs and drabs, got to be full amounts. I was thinking of opening an ISA and saving a daily amount into that, what do you all think? I should have started saving in feb but have been putting it off.

Will also include my hsbc loan, which I have included in the clear a debt by xmas challenge, as I am struggling with that. I have to go into branch to do that, so will put something aside daily and then pay once a week.

Im supposed to be taking a break from overpaying in August, so you havent seen me...
  • Little_Pickle
    Little_Pickle Posts: 3,022 Forumite
    ooo! me me! I want to join too! :D

WOWEE! Fab idea!

Okay, I have exactly £500 on my credit card. I like working in round numbers (I hate being a Virgo sometimes! :o).

I'm going to pay off £5 per day. Because I can't get to the 'puter easily at weekends, I'll pay £15 on Fridays to cover Fri - Sunday (IYKWIM).

Here we go!

Starting total - 7th Aug 2008 - £500.00
    payment 1 made on 7th Aug - now £495.00 :D

LP
    xox
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts