Comments

• Biscuit_Tin
    Biscuit_Tin Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 21 February 2018 at 12:16PM
    Options
    Switch went well,
    Billing every month.
    On checking latest bill, I can not read it at all.
    Checked a pervious bill and I can read that one.
    Website very slow.
    Emails to say they were taking DD every month.

BUT,
    despite sending in monthly readings, getting emails confirming they had received them, on checking my billing I still had estimated readings!!!"
    One month sent in the usual gas and electricity readings,
    gas reading was used, electricity reading was estimated lower than the actual reading I had sent in and was showing in my account.

Raised a support query. still open 8days after sending.
    Leaving soon.

1st post since joining MSE 3 years. Welcome!!! :hello: :T

Are you saying the readings you have submitted are not included at all in your bills?
    Are the readings you submitted shown on your online account at all?

Why are you leaving soon? Have you found a better deal? Who was that with?
  • Biscuit_Tin
    Biscuit_Tin Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 21 February 2018 at 12:44PM
    Options
    Gambler wrote: »
    Thanks for the post. Not great news.

My switch to Avro completed on 12-Feb.

Still waiting for final bills but charges are on my account for gas with the correct meter reading supplied to Avro.

No charges for Electricity.

Account is £100 in credit but they still took a further direct debit payment yesterday for the normal monthly amount of £100.

They've been a disaster from Day 1 and contacting them is a joke.

Can I claim yesterday's payment back from my bank under the direct debit guarantee?

Suppliers are permitted up to 6 weeks after the switch date to create a final bill.
    They need to get the agreed/verifiied meter readings from your new supplier to do that.

Although you suggest the account was already £100 in credit, this would not be the actual position as at the switch date. As I understand it, that would be the position as at 31-Jan-2018 and may only be an estimate too unless you provided meter readings that day.

So you've got almost half a month that would still need to be accounted for. I see your monthly payment is set at £100 too, and at this time of year, especially with the cold weather we are experiencing, many people will be using far more energy this particular month than they do 'on average' throught a complete 12 month period.

Hence the supplier will not refund you until all the costs incurred have been accounted for. i.e. via a final bill.
    The final bill should also include any credits e.g. your DD payment taken.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    @Jez54 - I suggest you read the many negative posts on here where your experience has been far from repeated!
  • rosy10
    rosy10 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hello all,

Popping back to provide an update - well, no mucking around, IRESA have objected to my switch because I have a 'debt'. Yes, that princely sum of £20. I have been invited to give them a phone to make a one off payment.....off to track down a freephone number for them....

oh, and to raise a complaint. I have never, ever had a switch blocked. Utter cowboys.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    rosy10 wrote: »
    oh, and to raise a complaint. I have never, ever had a switch blocked. Utter cowboys.
    FYI T&Cs says

"Your right to transfer to a new supplier
    8.4 If you owe us money and want to transfer to a new supplier we may stop you changing supplier in which case we will let you and your new supplier know we are doing this. Once your debt is paid we will allow the transfer to go ahead."
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    FYI T&Cs says

"Your right to transfer to a new supplier
    8.4 If you owe us money and want to transfer to a new supplier we may stop you changing supplier in which case we will let you and your new supplier know we are doing this. Once your debt is paid we will allow the transfer to go ahead."

A debt is not a debit balance. Under Ofgem rules, a debt doesn’t become a debt until the consumer is advised by the supplier in writing that there is a debt on the account, and the amount has been outstanding for 28 days. I have switched many times over recent years with a debit balance, and I have never had a supplier block a transfer. The debit balance just becomes payable immediately once the supplier has issued a Final Bill.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2016/07/decision_on_review_of_domestic_objections.pdf
  • quiet_advisor
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »

Many thanks for the link Hengus. I'm presently switching away from Iresa so I've sent them the Ofgem link to help Iresa better understand what is expected (!). I am presently in credit on both gas and electricity and the new supplier is supposed to take over from today.However, there may be a small debit when the changeover meter readings are processed so it will interesting, if that is the appropriate word, to see how matters progress.

QA
  • System
    Options
    Many thanks for the link Hengus. I'm presently switching away from Iresa so I've sent them the Ofgem link to help Iresa better understand what is expected (!). I am presently in credit on both gas and electricity and the new supplier is supposed to take over from today.However, there may be a small debit when the changeover meter readings are processed so it will interesting, if that is the appropriate word, to see how matters progress.

QA

No doubt Ofgem will provide them with ‘advice’ as part of their ongoing investigation into:

Customer Transfer Blocking, SLC 14

This is little comfort to those customers who appear to be having problems switching away.
  • Jez54
    Options
    @brewerdave - Thanks for the suggestion, but you (appear to) miss my point entirely. My whole purpose in writing, as I said explicitly in my first sentence, was to offer any potential customers out there a reasoned counterpoint to the general atmosphere of negativity. Based on my experience (a phrase which I used over and over again in my post) I can see no reason not to use Iresa. And my experience with Iresa and all my previous suppliers has been based on knowing accurately how many kWh will be used per day / week / month / year; adding an extra margin to this usage for unforseen weather before proposing the consumption on which my account will be based; reporting my meter readings regularly and correctly at an appropriate time of the month; keeping my account in credit (all in accordance with the very clearly spelled-out terms and conditions provided by Iresa to customers before signing up). I am indeed sorry for people who legitimately experience trouble, but I do find it hard to have a lot of sympathy with all those very many complainers who then go on to admit that they have not kept their account in credit, or have not submitted meter readings on time, or have made a muddle of the numbers, or whatever. Rule #1 of any computer algorithm is garbage in garbage out, and Iresas algorithms are no different to anyone elses in that respect. On the contrary, I do have a great deal of time for entrepreneurial companies such as Iresa who are making an honest effort to break up the Big Six cartel. That is why I was a founder member with Ovo Energy, why I joined Green Network Energy within 2 months of them starting their business in UK, and why I deliberately decided to join Iresa despite all the negativity that was already around last October. But I am certainly not telling anyone else what to do, or banging a drum for Iresa, just trying to offer some balance to what could otherwise be seen as rather a one-sided picture....
  • System
    Options
    @Jez54. Posters can only call it as each of us see it. What is not in doubt is that Iresa has some difficult questions to answer. Sadly, the Ofgem investigation will divert key staff from their primary customer service duties so it is a bit of a lose lose situation for those Iresa customers whose transfers away are apparently being blocked. Will Iresa survive: I hope that it will, not least because I do not want to pay anymore towards another supplier failure. GBEnergy’s failure added over £10M to all our bills.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure