The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

ebay - request for multiple photos of item

Hi, quick question, I have a book of stamps for sale on Ebay, potential buyer has just asked me via questions if I can send him pictures of each page, well, there are nearly 50 pages! Any suggestions how I do this without attaching 50 individual photos to his reply? It's quite an expensive collection and I don't want to put them off by refusing but then again I don't want to be messed around, what if they decide not to buy after all!

Comments

• Can you take the photos and then collage them into x per page. Then upload them to the listing. I don't collect stamps but do understand why people might like to see what they are buying.
  • Pun
    Pun Posts: 740
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    November2 wrote: »
    It's quite an expensive collection and I don't want to put them off by refusing but then again I don't want to be messed around, what if they decide not to buy after all!

Why would anyone buy 'quite an expensive collection' without seeing in considerable detail what they are buying? If they decide not to buy, that's not 'messing you around' - that's life. Perhaps someone else will - but only if they too can see what's on offer. Could you upload the 50 photos to a photo sharing site and put a link to that in your listing (if ebay still allows that)?
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you for your suggestions. Will try to collage them somehow and get them down to a sensible number of photos to add to listing.
  • Pun wrote: »
    Could you upload the 50 photos to a photo sharing site and put a link to that in your listing (if ebay still allows that)?

I don't think they do.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I used to put links to external photo's but i dont think ebay like that anymore.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,024
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I used to put links to external photo's but i dont think ebay like that anymore.

All loopholes have now been closed, no external links at all, no exchanging helpful information- a great way to improve the buyer's experience!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    upload them to a sharing site. add the link to the auction. I'll be honest I would have done that at the start of the listing unless you have listed each exact stamp and condition.

Edit: just saw Soolins post,send the link via message and display the reply on the listing?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,024
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    custardy wrote: »
    upload them to a sharing site. add the link to the auction. I'll be honest I would have done that at the start of the listing unless you have listed each exact stamp and condition.

Edit: just saw Soolins post,send the link via message and display the reply on the listing?

No links at all allowed , not on listings and not via messages unless system glitches which it often does. However if you do hit a glitch and get a link out via messages it is likely to end up with a restriction.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • 5 Photos per message, so you'll need to send him 10 messages to get all the images across to him! Unfortunately there isn't another way around this issue now, as Soolin says with the way eBay's been behaving even if you do find a loophole you're likely to get in trouble. Links inside the listing or the messages will absolutely get your account restricted or a warning at the very least.

Do you know html? You could add images (not links, but image code) to the item description by hosting them on another secure site with https and add the code to your description. Downside of that is 50 images in your description will make it load more slowly, but it's a way to get the images out there where your other buyers can see them.
    Well informed on the subjects of sofas and wood furniture, and well opinionated on everything else :rotfl:
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,787
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

Do you know html? You could add images (not links, but image code) to the item description by hosting them on another secure site with https and add the code to your description. Downside of that is 50 images in your description will make it load more slowly, but it's a way to get the images out there where your other buyers can see them.

Images through html count as active content. That is not allowed either now. I had to go through my listings removing my company logo. Then had to go through old listings removing the "Powered By Turbo Lister" logo that Turbo Lister used to add to your listings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure